Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2017

QC35 Ear Caps (the outer metallic cover), Spare Part

I dropped my QC35 on the steps of an escalator and that left nasty scratch marks and dents on the metallic black ear caps.

I called the Bose customer service and was told Bose does not provide spare ear caps.

The only solution offered to me was to buy a new pair of headphones or trade mine in. 

Seriously? 

Bose even offers the QC35 with custom colored parts, but if somebody wants to replace one of those parts, they need to buy a complete new headphone or trade it in?

This is customer / after-sales service at its worst!

Just making a quick buck and don't care about what comes after.

30 REPLIES 30
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC35 Ear Caps (the outer metallic cover)

@christopher,

Sorry to hear that. The cushions on the QC35 are user replaceable, however the outer metallic cap is not. It is part of the molding of the headphones.

Hope this helps

Tony

Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2017

You can't be serious. Bose offeres the QC35 in customizable colors combinations, but if someone scratches his products, that's it, you have to buy a new one?

Is this customer service? No after sales service? I am not asking for a freebie, I would pay Bose to replace it for me.

I am also sure the caps are not molded with the rest of the headphone. The rest is not even metallic. Metal and plastic molded together???

Very disappointed.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Heckler

We would recommend contacting your local Bose support HERE. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us". They will be able to give you options for service.

Thanks

Tony

Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2017

Tony, I contacted support and was met by an extremely rude and disinterested rep who flat out told me "no, we don't repair consumer hardware", as if to say my QC35's were garbage that they don't bother dealing with.

No spare parts, no option to pay, no option to do anything. 

I expected better support, and more importantly, more part modularity for $500 headphones. 

Take a look at Beyerdynamic's headphones where you can buy spare parts to replace virtually every single component... Bose on the other hand? Replacement ear cushions for $40 and that's it.

Guess i'll just microwave my headphones and replace them under warranty. Thanks 🙂

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

LumpyCustard

The experience that you described is not what Bose strives to deliver, I apologize greatly for this experience.
We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, we will be providing feedback to the call center management in the hope of preventing this type of issue in the future.

We will direct message you to assist

Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2017

Thank you for the assistance Tony. I received a PM last week, responded to it, and have not heard back since. Not sure what to do from here.

As i said previously, i'm more than happy to pay for this issue because it's my fault... but Bose just doesn't offer the facilities to do so. Short of replacing my entire headset, what am i supposed to do?

Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2017

I just had almost the same exact experience. It is rediculous that I cannot pay Bose to replace the aluminum ear cap covers. Purchasing these headphones was a trial run for Bose the company. I will not be converting any other of my systems to this brand as a result of this experience.
Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2017

QC35 Ear Caps (the outer metallic cover)

I just had almost the same exact experience. It is rediculous that I cannot pay Bose to replace the aluminum ear cap covers. Purchasing these headphones was a trial run for Bose the company. I will not be converting any other of my systems to this brand as a result of this experience.
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2017

Same issue, cutting grass and forgot to duck going around one of my trees and it ripped the phone right off my head. Can't find or buy the piece that  broke. ***MODERATOR EDIT: Violation of Community Guidelines - please be respectful to others*** I or anyone I can stear away from your product I will most definately do. You stuff is junk anyway. While you might have the noise cancelling down, your bluetooth tech is ***MOD EDIT: Violation of Community Guidelines*** I'm done with your company and it's products.

Sorry for everyone else that also had to put up with them.