dcolceag
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2017

QC35 Firmware 1.3.2 lag

Hi all, 

Am I the only one that's experiencing incredible lag with the latest firmware update ? I'm talking more than 1 second lag, which should not happen.

Hope this gets fixed as soon as possible. 

Thanks,
Daniel.

7 REPLIES 7
nat-h
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 23, 2017

QC35 Firmware 1.3.2 lag

I'm not experiencing a lag, but the audio dropouts are still there.

dcolceag
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2017

QC35 Firmware 1.3.2 lag

I'm experiencing the audio dropouts too. Good product gone bad?

nat-h
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 23, 2017

QC35 Firmware 1.3.2 lag

"good product gone bad"?  Dunno. 

I had the dropouts on a semi regular basis before the update and still have it, after the update.  So I would say "problematic product still problematic".  I mean, why was there an amnesty program for refunds in the first place?

I wish I had known about that program.  I would have used it.  

Hopefully the issue is unit-specific and not across the product line and the service team will repair or replace my 6 week old phones.

dcolceag
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2017

QC35 Firmware 1.3.2 lag

I just searched for it and it ended on the 1st of June, also didn't know about it 😞 

I'm also experiencing almost no noise cancelling with this pair.

I'm at my third pair of headphones and the first one produced in 2016 was the best, so far. The noise cancelling was noise cancelling, would even block some noise from voices. Now I can hear everything, including air conditioning. It wasn't the case with the 2016 pair, as I've stated in a previous post. The first one was ordered from my country, the other ones from Amazon Germany, I'm at my second pair from Amazon. It shipped from Ireland, to Germany, and then, in my country. They're made in China. 
Are there any pairs made in the US or other non-China country 🙂 ?

nat-h
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 23, 2017

QC35 Firmware 1.3.2 lag

I wouldn't worry about China manufacturing.  All my Apple gear is made in China and it works very well.  Some of the best lenses for my cameras are made in China, and they are excellent.

Running with scissors
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2017

Re: QC35 Firmware 1.3.2 lag

I've had firmware 1.06, 1.09, 1.010 and now 1.3.2 and the lag difference among the various revision levels (with the same BT source) has been zero, nada, zip, diddly-squat, nothing, zilch, bupkus.

marcus
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2017

Re: QC35 Firmware 1.3.2 lag

I do not have any good software to test lag, so I used this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_PbyRpKrRk

With 1.32 I get +4 (maybe more, but thats max on the test)

With 1.06 I get +2

Why I did this test; When watching a movie after upgrade to 1.32 I got annoyed with lip-sync delay. I did know there was a delay before, but not so annoying...

Using a Surface Pro, windows 10 x64, bluetooth connection.

Any suggestions for software to test delay by pressing a key when hearing a sound? (Yes, perhaps the delay then with be to much doing so, but I will be easier to compare to measurements.)

Use this test to resolve audio sync issues "lip flap", most if not all audio video receivers will have a A/V sync setting that you can adjust audio sync in m...