fpcantor
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

QC35 Headphones Turning Itself On?

Hi there!

My Bose QC35 BT headphones won't stay off. Bought it brand new last year when it came out. I'll turn the switch off and a couple of seconds later, it'll turn itself on and I'll hear the voice saying it's connected to my phone. Looking at my phone, I can confirm that it's connected via bluetooth. It'll stay on like that until the battery dies. By the time I get home, the battery is dead and the headphones is a little hot. Not sure what to do. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC35 Headphones Turning Itself On?

Author Accepted Answer selected by fpcantor

Hi fpcantor!

Thank you for writing in! Sorry to hear about your troubles, I definitely want to help. That is great you have one, its personally one of my favorite headsets. 

By what you have vividly described, it seems like there is an issue with your headset unfortunately. Does the power switch seem loose at all? My best recommendation would be to reach out to your local Bose Support and they would discuss your exchange options with you. 

Let me know how everything works out for you!

Thanks again,

Mohsin

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by fpcantor

Hi fpcantor!

Thank you for writing in! Sorry to hear about your troubles, I definitely want to help. That is great you have one, its personally one of my favorite headsets. 

By what you have vividly described, it seems like there is an issue with your headset unfortunately. Does the power switch seem loose at all? My best recommendation would be to reach out to your local Bose Support and they would discuss your exchange options with you. 

Let me know how everything works out for you!

Thanks again,

Mohsin

View solution in original post

fpcantor
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

Thanks! Local store directed me to call the 1-800-644-2673 support number and they were pretty great and fast about helping me get a replacement (luckily still under the 1-year warrantee) as we couldn't even perform the reset. Just wanted to put this on here for anyone else having the same problem.

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@fpcantor That is great news! Thank you for coming back and updating the community. That's very helpful indeed.

TonyM
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2017

Im having the same problem as fpcantor. Headphones keep switching on, the switch isnt loose and typically they are just out of the 1year warranty
Any suggestions ?
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi TonyM,

Thank you for joining the Community. I'm sorry to hear you are having a problem with the power switch on your QC35.

Please contact Bose Support.

You can follow this link to Bose product support for your area

Click your country, then scroll down until you see local contact information.

Please let us know things turn out.

Thank you,

ST

jcaction
Participant
Registered since

Mar 13, 2020

I've had an issue with my Bose Quiet Comfort 35 Noise cancelling headphones. They seem to power on by itself and run the battery out of juice. Has this happened to anyone. It happens to me everytime. I power down the headphones, and while watching TV for a few hours, it asks if I want the Bose to be connected?! I have to charge them almost every day. Help? I believe it has the latest firmware, 3.0.3