Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

QC35 I - Crackling/Popping/Clicking noises in left ear

Hey,

I have my QC35 I for a while now... so far it was a good experience.

After the latest firmware upgrade (I've upgraded about a week ago) - I started hearing this kinda of crackling/popping /clicking noise in my left ear.

The noise occurs from simple head movements or if I even slightly touch the outer left shell of the headphones

Could it be related to:

A: Latest firmware upgrade?  (It started around the time I upgraded a week ago)

B: Something with the microphone? / sensor?

Some more information:

1. It's making the crackling/clicking noise when I'm connected via Bluetooth and Noise cancellation is on. (Crackling sound doesn't occur when Noise cancellation is off)

2. Even a slight touch with my hand on the outer shell of the left ear will make the crackling sound.

3. Nothing to do with wind... the noise is occurring when I'm in-door 

4. The noise occurs both when connected to Desktops or Mobile devices

Any ideas / solutions ?

Thanks,

Yuval

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: QC35 I - Crackling/Popping/Clicking noises in left ear

Hi Yuval,

Welcome to the community, I'm glad that you reached out.  To me, it sounds like your headphones are broken, that is not how they should be behaving at all. I'm thinking there's some damage to them and the firmware update was coincidental timing.  I'd suggest reaching out to customer support here.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us". When you speak with support you'll be able to get more information on what your available options are.  

Come back and let me know how it goes if you can?

Thank you and I hope you have a lovely day,

Shiloh_C 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

I am experiencing the same thing with the Soundsport wireless. I have firmware version 1.3.4

The left ear (non-control side) has a series of clicking, popping and radio interference type noises even when powered down. I have disconnected and paired it with several devices and the the noise persist. I have used the Bose Connect APP (5.0.2) to verify that the software verion is current, and it is. Any Assistance would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi BWB2!

Thanks for joining the conversation!  It sounds like your headphones could be experiencing a defect, I'd like to suggest reaching out to customer support here.   Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  When you speak with support you'll be able to get more information on what your available options are.

Let me know how it goes or if you need anything?

Have a great day and take care,

Shiloh_C