Highlighted
JoshAbletoxx
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 22, 2019

QC35-I turns noise cancelling and bluetooth on by itself

Hello all! I'd like to say that I love bose headphones, I've been using them since the QC15s launched.  
However, lately, my QC35-I have been acting up.  Whenever I plug in the AUX cord, the noise cancelling turns on.  I used the Bose Connect app to turn off the noise cancelling, it turns off, but as soon as I plug in the AUX, it turns the noise cancelling on again.
Another issue is that even if the power switch is off, I see the light like if its connected to something, I check my phone and it's connected... I switch it on and then off again.  It turns off for a few minutes, and then connects again.  I turned off the bluetooth on my phone, then the headphones stay on untill they run out of battery.  The standby time on the Bose app is 5 minutes.  

I am running the latest firmware, I've opened the headphones up thinking that the switch was broken to find out it was perfect.  Anyone know how to solve/is experiencing this same issue?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: QC35-I turns noise cancelling and bluetooth on by itself

Hi JoshAbletoxx, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your QC35s, I'll do all I can to assist you!

I would recommend resetting your headphones. The instructions for this can be found HERE

If this is unsuccessful, I would recommend contacting your local technical support for assistance. You can find the details by clicking HERE, selecting your country of residence and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

The turning on issue is 'well known' and been discussed here for over a year.  Those customers who have looked at this issue with their own QC-34i's (with the same symptoms) have deteremined that the problem lies with the contacts in the on/off switch which have shifted.  This is NOT anything specific to your QC-35i and there is NO workaround (other than keeping it charging all the time).

You really only have two options for 'relief':
1. There is a very long post (over 55 screens) here with instructions with pictures on how to fix the problem yourself.

2. If you are not a DIY'er, you will need to call Bose - perhaps many times and you may have to escalate to a supervisor many times until you get someone who will understand that you are part of a larger class of customers with this malfunction.  They will ask you to exchange and pay.  DO NOT accept that solution.  If you are persistent you will eventually get someone who will be willing to exchange your QC35i for a QC35ii at no cost whether or not you are within the year warantee.  Again - be persistent.

JoshAbletoxx
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 22, 2019

Hello @joelirwin  and thanks for replying.  Do you have the link to the post by any chance? I was doing some research but I didn't find anything hence my post.  I did try the moderators solution posted above and was not able to solve my problem.  I use my headphones every day.  I would like to see if I could do the DIY thing you're talking about because I need my headphones.  I've been using them plugged in to a charger constantly.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@JoshAbletoxxI just bumped it to the top.  Over 25,000 views.  you can't miss it.  56 or so screens.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC-35-I-is-Turning-On-By-Itself/m-p/106140#M3...