Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

QC35 II - Android 8 upate problems

After update to Android 8, the keys on m headset are nearly useless:

Android Assistant does not start/work, does not read any new messages

pause/resume, skip forward does not work

BUT:

skip backward does work

I have completely reset the phone and the headsets bluetooth, but without success.

btw, owning a One plus 3t

Does anyone hase the same issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 11, 2017

Re: QC35 II - Android 8 upate problems

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tony_G

Nokia's reponse:

Hi Angus,
Thank you for your patience, our tech support team has looked into the issue regarding Google Assistant on Bose QC35 II, and have confirmed that this is related to the Android 8.0 OS, with a fix to be provided by Google. Please see below link with a response from Google regarding the issue and confirmation of a fix in the next version of the Google app.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/websearch/l_kopolQaJY;context-place=forum/websearch

Please note, as soon as an update is available from Google, we will release it on the Nokia 8.
Thanks again for reaching out to us, and rest assured a fix is on its way from our friends at Google.

View solution in original post

84 REPLIES 84
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

All was working fine on Android 7.1

today, I have updated my OnePlus 3T  to Android 8. The assistant button of my Bose QC-35II does not acive the Google Assistant anymore.

The Bose QC 35 II, appears in the list of the devices of the google assistant : Voice Notification is activate, as well the device appears as connected.

Newertheless, when a  I push the left button of my Bose QC-35II, I dont get the voice of the assistant telling me the hour, and my pending notification.

Also Keeping pressed the  left button, and asking for a question, does not get any answer back.

Then, I try to remove all the  paired devices from my Bose QC-35II, and from my mobile. Re-paired again : same issue.

Finally, I tried to remove (erasing the cache before of remove) ans reinstall both Bose and Google application, but this also does not solve the issue.

Smiley Sad I'm disappointed ...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

Having exactly the same issue right now, with the Oneplus 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear that. We have heard of some users reporting similar issues with the newest Android update. After some research, I was able to find this post on the one plus forum that might be able to assist. 

Bose QC35 II Google Assistant does not work anymore after upgrade to Android Oreo

I would reach out to the manufacturer of your device for assistance.

Please come back and let us know how it works for you. Have a great day!

Tony

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

Hello Tony,

thanks for your suggestions.

Unfortunately, i can confirm, my device, Oneplus 3T with Android 8 is working very well with another Bluetooth Headset. All controls are working fine and as expected.

So the problem seems to be NOT related to the phone nor the Andoid update.

Could you pls. check for  a solution?

I hav no problem testing a beta firmware if one is available .. 😉

Many thanks

Stefan

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

Hello Tony,

Indeed, I have open the OnePlus Tticket you reported in your last message. (smile)

I guess that at the moment is not simple to conclude what is the root cause of this issue.

It can be the relationship of Andorid O and Bose, or may be to the port of the Android O to Oneplus 3T, or a mix of them.

FYI, I have also reported the issue to google.

Investigation should go in all side. Anyway I hope we will got  feedback progress from Bose.

Many Thanks for your support.

Regards, Ivano.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

i can confirm, when switching  left control from google assistant to noise reduction,

right control with skip forward and pause , answer call , is working as expected.

But without Google assistant ... well it's not quiet smart anymore

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi all!

I wanted to jump in here and suggest a couple basic troubleshooting steps so we can gather some more information on where this issue is coming from and how to fix it as we have received several reports from users with this issue.  If everyone could provide me with the following information:

What phone are you using? 

What Android software version? 

Has this issue only begun after the Android update? 

Are you using the Connect App? 

What version of the Connect App, if so?

Have you tried pairing the headphones with more than one device?

If everyone could please try rebooting your device that your QC35s are paired with then test out the Action Button that will help give us some info.  

If we could also try giving the QC35 II a reset that would be great, I'm including the steps below for reference:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

We appreciate all of your feedback and we're going to look into this more for you.

Thank you all so much, take care,

Shiloh_C 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

What phone are you using? Google Pixel 2 XL

What Android software version? 8.0

Has this issue only begun after the Android update? No

Are you using the Connect App? Initially yes, but since the issue headphones no longer connect to the Bose app

What version of the Connect App, if so? 5.0.2

Have you tried pairing the headphones with more than one device? Yes, Google Pixel 1 XL and iPhone 6S

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

What phone are you using? - Oneplus 3
What Android software version? - 8.0.0
Has this issue only begun after the Android update? - Yes after android update to Oreo
Are you using the Connect App? - Yes
What version of the Connect App, if so? - 5.0.2
Have you tried pairing the headphones with more than one device? - No

Issue described below:
The google assistant button has stopped working. Also next track and play/pause music not working. Previous track works.

However when assistant button is set to noise cancellation, skip track and play/pause music works.