spetsll
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

QC35 II: Audio & Noise Cancelling Dropout when using cable connection.

As written in the title, when using the wire connection in conjunction with the ANC, every 10-15 mins I will loose all sound and noise cancelling for a few seconds, before the audio comes back again. This sounds like the headphones may be rebooting?

I've never had this problem before although there have brief audio disconnects when connected via bluetooth (on several different devices, so I won't bother naming them).

I have checked the Bose app settings to make sure that the auto-off timer isn't turning the headphones off - which shouldn't be the case because there is audio playing from the headphones anways.

Firmware: 4.5.2

Date of Manufacturing: 22 January 2018

I'm guessing I shouldn't provide the serial number here...

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_G

Re: QC35 II: Audio & Noise Cancelling Dropout when using cable connection.

Hello spetsll, 

Thanks for posting. 

Firstly, thank you for not including your serial number. These should not be posted on the forum and I appreciate you not doing this. 

With regard to the issue, this is an unusual problem. To give me a better insight, could you please confirm: 

- Have you tried connecting the headphones with other devices? 

- Does this only occur when the headphones are powered on? What about in passive (off) mode?

- Have you checked for dust/debris in the port on the headphones? 

Have you tried using another 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable? 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
spetsll
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Hi,

I have tried on another device and have experienced a similar problem.

It does not happen with the power off.

I have checked for dust and debri.

I have tried another cable.

I have also recently been experiencing this problem on Bluetooth only mode, when connected to my Pixel 2XL for example, or my Macbook.

I seem to be having the exact problems that this guy is having:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC35-II-randomly-restarts/td-p/283336

Thank you.

Jeff_G

Thanks for getting back to me. 

If the issue is only occurring when the headphones are powered on, it would suggest the issue is with the headphones so I would recommend reaching out to local support to seek a replacement. 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
spetsll
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Hi,

It also happens when using only the Bluetooth connection. Also I've tried unpairing it & re-pairing it in the app to no avail.