QC35 II - Battery fully charged but headphones are dead

SOLVED
Quiet Contributor

QC35 II - Battery fully charged but headphones are dead

My headphones have been working great since I bought them a month ago. After accidentally leaving them charging all night, they stopped working entirely. No voice with updates, no Bluetooth, no noise-cancelling, no recognition by my devices. They are simply the same ON as they are OFF.

When I plug them in, the battery light is solid green. 

I read elsewhere on the forums that there is a mechanism that kicks in to stop overcharging, and that charging overnight shouldn't be a problem. But it sure seems like the battery conked out.

I "reset" the headphones according to the instructions here: https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC35-Bluetooth-stopped-working-disconnects-automati.... No change. The next advice I found was draining the battery and recharging it, which is what I'm trying now -- but how can the battery drain if it's essentially off/not working/unusable? Simply leaving the headphones ON rather than OFF without any activity will take ... days? Weeks? 

Would love some help, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by LookingforHelp

Accepted Solutions

Re: QC35 II - Battery fully charged but headphones are dead

Hi LookingforHelp,

Thanks for posting. If your headphones will not power up after updating and resetting, I would recommend reaching out to your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

4 REPLIES 4
Quiet Contributor

I just updated the firmware, but the headphones are still not working. Seems to have updated successfully otherwise: the website recognized the headphones, no weird error messages. 

Something new: after checking if they were working, I plugged them in again to see what would happen. For a minute or so the battery light flashed green-amber-green-amber, alternating. Then it turned solid green again.

Hi LookingforHelp,

Thanks for posting. If your headphones will not power up after updating and resetting, I would recommend reaching out to your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Thank you.

I just called and Bose will be sending a replacement set asap. (For any other users reading this and getting any big ideas: they're also sending a prepaid UPS label so I can return the defective headphones.)

Really appreciate this great service and understanding of the problem!

Highlighted

Glad we were able to help LookingforHelp! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

-Emmet Bose Support