Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aschmigel
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

QC35 II Constant Stutter

Hi, I'm using my new QC35 II headphones with my macbook pro and my galaxy S8 and on both it has this constant stutter. Like the audio is choppy. It will play and then stop playing for a fraction of a second at a regular interval. I found another post someone else made a year ago about a similar problem. I tried the steps in the solution up until the downgrade of software. I did the sequence to reboot the headphones and it didn't fix it. I cleared the bluetooth connection list and it also didn't fix it. Should I downgrade the software? Also what version should I go to since that post is a bit dated?

9 REPLIES 9
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC35 II Constant Stutter

Hello there, aschmigel!

Thank you for reaching out to us, and sorry to hear about the trouble you ran into. We recommend that you use the most recent firmware for your headphones.

Do you experience any issues when only paired with your Galaxy S8? 

Check back with us when you can.

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

aschmigel
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

I normally have it connected to my macbook and phone but when I disconnect it from my phone the stuttering goes away. Also my headset is up to date

Greg_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello aschmigel,

Thanks for the additional information. Two things come to mind: 

• Have you adjusted the audio for Bluetooth settings on your phone? If you can take it down from the highest setting you may see improvement.

• Are you by any chance near a router? If you are, could you relocate your laptop and phone away from the router and see if the problem resolves? There may be some local interference with your Bluetooth signal.

Let us know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Greg

Jamesp911
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 8, 2018

I'm having the same issues with my Oneplus 6. Every few minutes I get a fraction of a second no audio and then it plays again. Very annoying to say the least. Before I got my Oneplus I had the samen issue with an iPhone 8 plus. Other bluetooth audio devices don't have this issue causing me to think about ditching my Bose headphones...

Edit: my phone, headphones and app run on their latest updates.
pagefault
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

This is a long ongoing issue and Bose has not done anything to address it. It happens to nearly every person who is paried with an Android phone (maybe iPhone too) and an Macbook Pro. The only fix right now is to only connect to one device at a time.

Bose I hope you really do something about this, it's been going on for a year and there are lots of threads about this.

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Jamesp911,

Thanks for reaching out. Could I ask, have you tried resetting the headphones? 

To reboot the headset

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Please let us know if that helps.

Tony - Community Support

Jamesp911
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 8, 2018

Yes, I've already tried that. I've also reset the paired devices by holding the pair slider for 10 seconds. The issue persists.
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@James911 thank you for getting back, and sorry to hear that did not help. Looks like you've done enough troubleshooting already, and it sounds like it could be an issue with your headset. If you tried updating your headset, clearing the paired device list and confirmed that the issue occurs across multiple devices, then we recommend that you contact your local Bose Support for further assistance. They will work with you to discuss your service options. 

Here is a link to get contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us". 

Let us know how everything works out for you.

Thank you again, 

Mohsin

jshannon
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Quiet Comfort 35 II - Stuttering

I bought a pair of Quiet Comfort 35 II headphones, and they arrived a couple of days ago. I've noticed that when using them with my phone (a Huawei p20 Lite) via a bluetooth connection, the audio will cut out very briefly (for about a second or so), but this is happening repeatedly - about 5 or 6 times an hour.

I'm also using the headphones with a Macbook Air via bluetooth, and I'm not experiencing any problems there. I've already cleared the QC 35's bluetooth memory, as well as rebooted it. I've also done the same with the Huawei phone, but I'm still experiencing the problem. The phone is a couple of years old at this point, and I did not use the bluetooth feature at all before getting these headphones - could the phone be the problem, or is it more likely to be the headphones themselves?

Any advice is appreciated - thank you!