Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swie
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2018

QC35 II: Unable to resume song after using the google assistant button

Greetings, I just bought a pair of QC35 II headphones and immediately upgraded to 2.5.1 firmware after installing and setting them up with Bose Connect Android. I linked my Spotify account to Google Assistant and everything seemed to work fine.

However I noticed that after I use the voice command with Google Assistant button to play music, I can PAUSE the song in spotify with the multifunction button, but resuming/playing no longer works. I can still start playing the song through the spotify app in phone, and pause it again via the headphones, but playing does not work. I restarted my mobile phone, turned off the headphones etc for a minute or so. After rebooting, I started playing a song via the phone application, and pausing / resuming song via the headphones worked fine, UNTIL I used the google assistant button. Resuming song no longer works using the multifunction button.

When this happens, the play button in the Bose Connect app does not work either, the button icon changes but music does not work. The only way to resume the song is using the actual spotify app / widget.

A friend of mine could repeat the same issue with his devices. Oh, and we are both running Android 8.0.0 on Samsung S8.

4 REPLIES 4
Tywno
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Re: QC35 II: Unable to resume song after using the google assistant button

Did you update your headset to 2.5.1 through the Bose Connect app or through btu.bose.com?

Edit: never mind, I should have read your post better. Go to btu.bose.com and update there. Personally, I believe 2.5.1 has some gremlins and I downgraded to 2.1.3 and also strongly feel that updating with the Connect app corrupts the firmware.
Ekhattar
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2018

Finally found someone with the same problem! I am on the latest firmware too and Android 8.1.0
cnork
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2018

Having the same problem... as a workaround, I reconfigured the left action button to change the ANC, you can still use google assistant by holding down the button on the right shell for a second. I think I'll stick with it until they fix the problem. 

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@Swie Hello, and thank you for reaching out. Sorry to hear about your experience. Does this happen with only Spotify? Just for testing purposes, can you try a different music app? 

Let me know when you get the chance. 

Thank you,

Mohsin - Community Support