Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2018

QC35 II Weird sound in my right earcup

Got my QC35 II last week and at random times there is some wierd noises coming from my right earcup. I sound like something is crawling inside of it. It seems to be happening at random after some hours of listening. Wondering if someone else have had the same problem or have some ideas to what I could to fix it 🙂

Regards, 

veNtzo

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC35 II Weird sound in my right earcup

Hi veNtzo

Thanks for posting. That is unusual. I would definitely contact your local Bose support for assistance.Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Hope that helped,

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2018

Yes, I've recently noticed something too and it definitely sounds like something is crawling around inside my right ear cup as well. Its very weird. It even makes the sound if I turn the headphones off. I almost want to take it apart just to see what (if any) insect it is.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi there, Concerned Citizen!

Thank you for reaching out!  That is certainly an unpleasant sounding issue.  I wouldn't recommend taking them apart yourself but I would definitely encourage you to reach out to customer support - you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  

Please let me know if you need anything else!

Take care and have a great day,

Shiloh - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2018

Thanks for your reply! I just wanted to say that I found the culprit! I knew there was definitely something my right ear cup simply because I could still something crawling around after turning it off. It was driving me crazy thinking that it would crawl into my ear. Well anyways, I just easily took the foamy ear pad off (it easily snapped back into place after) and when I peeled back that piece of cloth with the "R" imprinted on it a moth flew out! I must have jumped back about 10 feet...good thing it was just a moth. It's empty cacoon was still attached to the inside ear peice too...I wonder how it got in there? Well in any case, I'm glad its gone and now I can use my headphones again.