OriginalMitch98
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 25, 2019

QC35 II & Alexa Issue

I have an issue where I try and link my alexa app to my QC35 II headphones and it finds the device. However, mid way through connecting to my headphones its says there was and error and then my phone displays the battery percentage of the headphones so it looks like it is temporarily disconnecting when I try and connect them both.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: QC35 II & Alexa Issue

Author Accepted Answer selected by OriginalMitch98

Hi OriginalMitch98,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I have posted below instructions to add Alexa to your QC35 II headphones, If you could follow these steps and let us know if this helps at all - 

1. Open the Bose Connect app and connect the headphones
  2. Tap the Settings icon in the top right corner
  3. Tap "Action button"
  4. Select "Alexa"
  5. At this point, tapping the Action button on the headphones should activate a voice prompt telling you to "Open the Alexa app, and try again." 
  6. If the Alexa app is already installed, you can tap "Go to Alexa settings." This will bring you to the "All Devices" section in the Alexa app. Tap the "+" in the top right hand corner, then select "Add Device" and skip to step 9 below.
  7. Download and install the Alexa app from the App store or Google play
  8. Open the Alexa app
  9. Tap the hamburger menu in the top left corner
  10. Tap "Add Device"
  11. Scroll down and select "Headphones"
  12. A "Set up your device" screen will show explaining that Alexa needs to be able to run in the background. Select "CONTINUE"
  13. A pop-up may appear asking for permission for the app to run in the background. Select "Allow". If you select "Deny" the app will inform you that "Your Alexa-enabled headphones cannot be used without allowing the Alexa app to always run in the background."
  14. The app will search for nearby devices. Select your headphones below "AVAILABLE DEVICES"
  15. The app will ask for confirmation of your selected device. Select "CONTINUE"
  16. If you have a current voice assistant enabled, the app will let you know this will override the current voice assistant. Select "CONTINUE"
  17. The setup is now complete. Select "DONE"

Have a great day

Leon_C - Community Support

1 REPLY 1

Re: QC35 II & Alexa Issue

Author Accepted Answer selected by OriginalMitch98

Hi OriginalMitch98,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I have posted below instructions to add Alexa to your QC35 II headphones, If you could follow these steps and let us know if this helps at all - 

1. Open the Bose Connect app and connect the headphones
  2. Tap the Settings icon in the top right corner
  3. Tap "Action button"
  4. Select "Alexa"
  5. At this point, tapping the Action button on the headphones should activate a voice prompt telling you to "Open the Alexa app, and try again." 
  6. If the Alexa app is already installed, you can tap "Go to Alexa settings." This will bring you to the "All Devices" section in the Alexa app. Tap the "+" in the top right hand corner, then select "Add Device" and skip to step 9 below.
  7. Download and install the Alexa app from the App store or Google play
  8. Open the Alexa app
  9. Tap the hamburger menu in the top left corner
  10. Tap "Add Device"
  11. Scroll down and select "Headphones"
  12. A "Set up your device" screen will show explaining that Alexa needs to be able to run in the background. Select "CONTINUE"
  13. A pop-up may appear asking for permission for the app to run in the background. Select "Allow". If you select "Deny" the app will inform you that "Your Alexa-enabled headphones cannot be used without allowing the Alexa app to always run in the background."
  14. The app will search for nearby devices. Select your headphones below "AVAILABLE DEVICES"
  15. The app will ask for confirmation of your selected device. Select "CONTINUE"
  16. If you have a current voice assistant enabled, the app will let you know this will override the current voice assistant. Select "CONTINUE"
  17. The setup is now complete. Select "DONE"

Have a great day

Leon_C - Community Support