Highlighted
imnickwest
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

QC35 II & Bose Connect App - Not Connecting

Morning All,

Would appreciate a little help?

I have the Bose QC35 ii with an iphone 8. I am running the latest iOS and for some reason I am unable to connect to the Connect App. Each time I activate it, the app says that I need to turn on Bluetooth - this isn't the case as it is already on and the headphones are paired. They show in the paired list as connected and work for calls and movies on the phone.

I have tried turning it all off, tried a hard reset and tried wiping the headphones from the paired list! The only solution the first time was to re download the app and reset everything but even that is now failed. 

To be clear everything off, everything on, but the app won't do anything, it won't even head to the main screen  because it says I need bluetooth on!

Help would be appreciated for a first timer!!

36 REPLIES 36
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: QC35 II & Bose Connect App - Not Connecting

Hey imnickwest!

Thanks so much for reaching out and posting.  That's an interesting issue.  I just want to clarify - have you rebooted your phone as well?  

Would it be possible for you to test the app and the headphones on another device?  

I hope that you're having a wonderful day.

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

imnickwest
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Thanks Shiloh,

I have just recently had these headphones working just fine with the app on my old iphone 6.....and have retested! 

It just doesnt seem to like my iphone 8....

Any ideas?

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi  imnickwest!

A very Happy New Year to you and yours as well, my friend!

So just one more detail I'd like to clarify - your iPhone 8, it's running 11.2.1?  

Thanks so much.

I hope you're having a wonderful week,

Shiloh_C 

imnickwest
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Thank you, yes it is running 11.2.1 currently....

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey there, 

Just a couple more questions.  Are your headphones updated?  What firmware version are they running?  You can check by navigating to btu.bose.com and plugging your headphones into your computer via USB.  

And what version of the app are you trying to use?  Can you just check and make sure that you're using the most up to date version?

I'm going to escalate this up to engineering for you so we can take a closer look into this.

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks,

Shiloh_C 

taurus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

Re.QC35 & Bose Connect- Not connecting

I am having the same problem.

Nothing you have suggested works and I have spent hours going over and over your suggestions and recommendations and I am utterly frustrated

This product is supposed to be state of the art but hitherto has proved anything but user friendly.

Why does this product fail so readily?,it is so unreliable

There must be an answer

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey taurus!

Thank you for joining the conversation, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.  Just to clarify - is the app not recognizing your headphones the only issue that you're experiencing or are there other troubles that they're giving you?

Like I mentioned above I'm escalating this issue up to engineering - could you provide a few details for me?  I just need to know what phone you have, what OS and version it's running, and what version of the Connect app are you trying to use?  You should be able to check that in the app store.  

I'd like to try a reset on your headphones too:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Swing by and give me an update whenever you get a chance. I hope that you enjoy your week.

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

imnickwest
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Ok, so i have ensured that all iPhone updates have been done, the headphones and app are up to date (they already were) and still the issue occurs.

Since working alot on the issue (with phone and headphone) I can share the following - 

i) The headphones do pair but it's the app that does not work

ii) they can take and make calls but only using the phone - as the app isn't recognising them, the controls on the headset don't work.

iii) I have followed all the advice you give for Taurus also to no luck?

So it's manageable but not what I expected for the price tag and reputation - headphones are great when they are going though!

Shilih_C - any further advice?

taurus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

Thank you Shiloh

My device i iphone 7

OS 11.2.2

Bose connect app version 5.1.0

I am pleased to advise that this problem ( QC35 ii not pairing with this iphone) has been resolved by removing all other bluetooth devices from my iphone,re installing the bose connect app then searching on my headphones for a bluetooth connection,which was immediate and has remained so repeatedly ever since.Naturally I am relieved because you had advised that earlier and I tried it without success.

You asked if I was experiencing any other (QC35ii) 'troubles' and I do. Two 'troubles' :

Firstly:The noise cancelling doesn't work.There is absolutely no difference whatsoever in the external noise volume heard  using the 3 voice prompted stages ("HIGH" ,  "LOW" & "OFF") .Can you please advise a solution.

Secondly:  I would like to take this opportunity to register my dismay that I cannot listen through my Bose QC35ii headphones to my music CDs played on my Bose Wave SoundTouch music system series IV. It is to me almost unbelievable that I have to use a connecting cable to achieve this. Surely Bose can do better than that!