Highlighted
NeonsNight
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

QC35 II & Bose Radar Error

Hello, I have updated my QC35 II (yes the version with the action button) to the latest software version 4.3.6 and every time I try and connect with the new Bose Radar app I get an error saying "there was an error connecting your device".

I have deleted the app and reinstalled it. I have tried on an iPad, I have rebooted the devices. Still nothing. Do I have to wait for a bug fix to be relesed or am I doing something wrong?

19 REPLIES 19
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: QC35 II & Bose Radar Error

You may want to let people here  know what device you are trying to connect your QC35ii to (I don't work for Bose).  Also I am only familiar with Bose Connect.  What is Bose Radar for those that don't know. Regardless, when things like this happen, what Bose typically suggests in troubleshooting is to start at ground zero.  Unpair the QC35ii from everything and then remove it from all the devices on the other end, reinitialize the QC35ii by holding the switch to the right for 10 seconds and then starting anew.   You may want to try that to see if anything happens.

Hi NeonsNight,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to use the Bose Radar app yet. Does the serial number of your headphones end in 'AZ'? (No need to post the serial here. In fact, please don't). If so, they were manufactured after October 22nd 2018 and are compatible with Bose AR.

joelirwin is correct - unpairing the headphones is exactly where to start. In the Bluetooth settings of your iPad, look for your headphones and click the little information sign (the letter I in a circle and select "Forget this Device".

Then, clear the headset memory of previously paired Bluetooth® devices. To do this, power on your headset, then slide and hold the Power switch toward the Bluetooth icon for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared." After this, reconnect and see if the issue is still present.

Please let us know how you get on.

Also, for anyone interested, Bose Radar is a Bose AR app which allows users to experience several music tracks and soundscapes specially rendered with 360° immersive sound. As the user turns his/her head, different audio elements of the scene come into focus. Additionally, users within the Austin, TX area can explore and listen to ‘hidden’ audio content as they move about the city. Users running the app with a Bose AR-enabled device connected will be notified when audio content is nearby and can tap the device to listen to such content.

Patrick A - Community Support

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

So are you doing it in Austin because of South By Southwest (SXSW)?  Will it be available in Austin after the festival is over?  Will it stretch 150 miles to Houston? 🙂

NeonsNight
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Will there be an exchange program for headphones made before October 22nd 2018? I got mine in December but they were made in September 2018. Oh and yes I did remove and pair again before I posted here... It looks like they aren't compatable. 

Also the firmware notes (on this site / on btu.bose.com / on the Connect app / on the Radar app) does not mention it only works with QC35 II's made after a specific date. Any chance you could update that. Maybe make it so the app will explain the error is because it's not compatable 🤷‍♂️

Hi NeonsNight,

Thank you for letting us know about this error and its lack of specificity.  With regards to the exchange program, we recommend that you contact the customer service team in your region here to see if we have any options available. To find the appropriate telephone number,select your country from this list and click "Contact Us".

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

tommylux
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 4, 2019

Hi,

I have Bose QC35 Series ii Midnight blue edition,

It has a touch panel and the date of manufacturing is 3rd Janurary 2019.

The last two digits of serial is AE.. So I assume, your app filters only for AZ serials.. it might need to be adjusted for AE and AZ perhaps?

Can we get my headphones supported so I can try out the new apps?

Thanks

Tom

tommylux
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 4, 2019

..further, the apps do see the bluetooth device, but then show 'Error Connecting'

Moderator Edit:

Hi all, I'd like to edit this post for clarity. The correct information relating to QuietComfort 35 II headphones is as follows:

With the AZ serial numbers, there is a hardware change and because of this, any product with the AE at the end of the serial number won't work with the Radar app nor the Augmented Reality features.

Kindest,
Andy B

Original Post:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us to us and welcome to the community.

With the AZ serial numbers, there is a hardware change and because of this, any product with the AZ at the end of the serial number won't work.

For further assistant, please refer to the link @Patrick_A mentioned above.

Kind regards,

Prince O

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Prince_O  Your response is confusing.  I thought Radar only works with AZ and not AE.  Radar is for Bose AR and AE is does NOT support AR only AZ does.

(I have read here that Bose does NOT plan on adding support for AR to the AE models even though all their QC3ii models - AE and AZ - use the same firmware)