QC35 II headphones turn off all by themselves

Friendly Fanatic

QC35 II headphones turn off all by themselves

I'm sitting at my desk working, wearing my Bose QuietComfort 35 II headphones (connected to my MacBook Pro and my iPhone X), when all of a sudden I hear "doo, doo, doo, doo 🎶", and the noise cancelling turns off! I.e., the headphones turned off all by themselves. This has happened about twice a week. What's causing this? Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Chris.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: QC35 II headphones turn off all by themselves

Hey Chris!

Thanks for reaching out, I haven't heard of any reports of this happening with other users.  Are you actively listening to music or any audio when they turn off?  I'd take a look into the "auto off" settings in the Connect app and make sure that it is set to "never".  The auto-off will only occur if there is no audio being transmitted.  

In addition, let's try a reset on the headphones:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Let me know if this helps? 

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your week!

Take care,

Shiloh - Bose Support 

Silent Starter

This has been happening to me on a weekly basis too. I do the reset, and it works, then that now ominous "doo doo doo". Have had the QC35IIs for nearly a year now, and it's only been happening the last month or so. Please help. Michael.
Highlighted

Hey there!

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear that you've been having this issue!  

Based off of what you've described I would like to encourage you to reach out to customer support, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Support will be able to help you from there.

Take care and enjoy your weekend,

Shiloh 

Audible Advocate

This happens to me as well.

The use case is when I am connected to my work laptop and on a video conference.  

It is as if the Bose Quietcomfort 35II does not recognise that the cans are in use and puts headphones into Standby mode.

I have now switched off Standby Timer on the App which is not ideal. Let to see if that is a fix for the issue.

Quiet Contributor

This happens to me all the time too. Used to only occur with my laptop but now with my phone too. Incredibly annoying for £340. Very disappinted!

Quiet Contributor

Advice to disable the auto-off function is an incredibly poor suggestion for a solution. Hope I get better advice to my email.

Silent Starter

Hi everyone,

I recently encountered the issue with my Bose QuietComfort 35 II shutting off by itself, regardless of if audio was playing or not. I did not find a solution online that worked so I decided to visit the Bose website. It turned out to be a firmware issue which I fixed using the instructions below.

On the Bose website, click "Support", then "Over-Ear Headphones" and scroll down to click on "Downloads". Under "Software Updates", there a link that directs you to "Visit Bose system update center", click on it. Next, "Accept and Continue" and  "Download" the Bose Updater. After it installs, the software will direct you to plug your headphone into your computer via USB cable. Allow the transfer to occur (mine took 5 minutes) with the headphone powered on and unplug the cable the cable once completed. 

Hope this helps someone,

Cheers

Quiet Contributor

Hi, I´ve just got my headphones yesterday and it´s turning off by it self. So I supose it´s not a problem of updates. Can you give me any other clues?

Quiet Contributor

Hi,

I´ve just got my headphones yesterday and it´s turning off by it self.I´ve donne what you suggested and it´s not working. I also, since I downloaded the app yesterday I don´t think it´s an update problem.

What else can I do?

thank you