FullmetalJun
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

Re: QC35 II - how to turn off ANC in wired/powered mode

Then u can use the equalizer of the phone or device connected. U can increase bass or choose equalizer presets of the music app
Cscuile
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 18, 2018

Here's the problem I'm running into, I have to use wired due to the audio delay from bluetooth. But when the headphones are wired all the buttons and bluetooth are disconnected meaning I can't access the app to lower ANC or enable the equalizer. I contacted Bose and so far they have forwarded a quest to implement these features in the next software update. I hope you can relate to my frustration. 

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Cscuile

Thanks for posting, and yes this has been escalated to engineering.  In the meantime i'd recommend programming the action button to noise cancelling in the Connect App.  From here, when you power on the headset, you can select the noise cancelling level with the action button.  Then power down the headset, re-insert the cable, and power back on.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Cscuile
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 18, 2018

Hello Tony!

Thank you for your response! The problem with your suggestion is that once I plug in the cables the buttons are all disabled and as a result I can't access the Action Button. Thank you!

SoundMaxdm10
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2018

Hi there, 

I have the same issue. When using the headset with the cable all buttons are disabled. 

From reading the answer this seems to be normal as it was made like that. Would really appreciate a FW update though...

What is bothering me the most though is the fact that the micrphone doesn't seem to work when the cable is plugged. It seems it is still the phone's microphone that is working.

Is this normal ? 

Thanks 

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@Cscuile Hello, to clarify, plugging the audio cable will disable Bluetooth and all the buttons on the headset including the Action button. If you have the ANC assigned to the action button and need adjustment, please unplug the wire from the headphones so that you may set the desired level of ANC. Best practice is to switch the headset off then re-insert the audio cable. Make sure the headset remains on for noise cancellation and active EQ when using with the wire. 

@SoundMaxdm10 thank you for joining us! That is normal behavior. Bluetooth and the buttons are completely disabled when used with a wire.

Take care,

Mohsin 

keeps54
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2018

I understand the best practise to power off before plugging in as other threads have highlighthed that plugging in whilst switched on has caused other issues. However, doesn't the ANC reset back to high when switching them back on again? That has been the subject of another thread to have persistent ANC setting between uses.

As they reset back to high ANC on power up it makes your suggestion of presetting it pointless.

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi keeps54,

Thanks for the post. Sorry for the confusion. We were able to confirm with the team that the ANC level on the QC35 II cannot be adjusted in any way when using the audio cable and yes, the ANC defaults to high when powered on.

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Cscuile
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 18, 2018

Hello Tony,

Thanks for confirming this! In future firmware updates can you please allow ANC levels to be adjusted while the wires and plugged in? It would be far more convient for us. Thank you! 

WizeGye
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2017

Hi Tony,

Cross posting here but this is something that really holds the qc35s i/ii back.

The situation is even worse with the qc35 v1s because there is no way to toggle the ANC without using the phone app (which is crappy if you don't have your phone/using with pc, even on BT)

There have been many useful suggestions to solve the issue but no one from bose has given any useful feedback on this.

Saying that it's been passed on since last year and multiple firmware updates later doesn't help when there is no mention of this becoming a reality.

Regards