jbmeek
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 5, 2018

QC35 II pairing with older Bluetooth devices

Will QC35 II headphones pair with any Bluetooth device? My phone is a Galaxy S6. I would also like to pair with an older Kindle Fire if possible. If it will not pair with the Kindle I assume I could use a wired connection?

Btw, the Kindle Fire with a couple of downloaded movies makes a great travel companion when flying. I'm looking to get some nice noise cancelling headphones to enhance the experience.

Thanks!

JB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: QC35 II pairing with older Bluetooth devices

Author Accepted Answer selected by jbmeek

Hey, jbmeek!

Welcome to the community!  That's a fantastic question.

The Android OS requirements for the QC35 II would have to be Android version 6.0 or newer. I'm not positive that the QC35 II will pair with the older Kindle Fire but I do believe that they should be able to pair. You are correct in that if the headphones couldn't connect to the Kindle you can always use the backup audio cable that's included with the headphones. 

I hope that this helps!

Take care and have a lovely day,

Shiloh - Community Support 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by jbmeek

Hey, jbmeek!

Welcome to the community!  That's a fantastic question.

The Android OS requirements for the QC35 II would have to be Android version 6.0 or newer. I'm not positive that the QC35 II will pair with the older Kindle Fire but I do believe that they should be able to pair. You are correct in that if the headphones couldn't connect to the Kindle you can always use the backup audio cable that's included with the headphones. 

I hope that this helps!

Take care and have a lovely day,

Shiloh - Community Support 

jbmeek
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 5, 2018

The headphones work great with my Kindle Fire as well as my Android 7.0 Samsung phone. For audio listening and noice cancellation I am very pleased with the product. For use as a phone headset, not so much. The microphone is much too sensitive for me to use in the office. It picks up a ton of background noise. I will have to research whether there is any adjustment I can make to microphone sensitivity. For now I have purchased a set of wireless earbuds to use for phone conversation.

Thanks for your reply,

JB