jkal
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2019

QC35 II sounds flat, low bass when connected to Samsung Smart TV

When I connect my new Bose QC 35ii to samsung Smart TV on bluetooth, the action series/movies sounds sorrily flat as if the bass just manages to indicate it exists.

TV doesn't provide any audio controls and expects that sound is controlled, filtered on bluetooth device (QC 35ii).

Unfortunately, Bose doesn't provide any equilizers either for the users, just a volume up-down control. I feel so helpless, and the Bose Connect Android App is as useless as it can be.

Most of the time I end up using my 40€ headphones with TV to have that satisfying feed of bass.

When I connect QC35ii with my android phone, I solve low bass problem using built-in equilizer and everything sounds super and clear. I have no other complaints with the headphones, it is great in every aspect EXCEPT that I can not control how I want to hear my things.

I'm sure there is deep science behind Active EQ, but I still need to be able to add my own EQ filters when I feel like it.

Google Assistance or Alexa is of no use when I ask them to increase bass 😞

1 REPLY 1

Re: QC35 II sounds flat, low bass when connected to Samsung Smart TV

Hi Jkal, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

I would recommend performing a product reset on the headset to see if this resolves your issue. This can be done by: 

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset  

If the issue still persists after this I would recommend updating your headphones software via btu.bose.com to ensure that this isn't causing this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support