Ozuser
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

QC35 II won't connect to the Bose Connect App or have a stable connection to MacBook Pro

I bought a Bose QC35 II headphone yesterday. The Bose Connect app on my iPhone 6 Plus is 6.2.2.

It connected straightway to my iPhone. But constantly dropped connection when connecting to MBP 2016 model running 10.13.6. As per the app the headphone can connect to two devices and I want the headphones to work with both devices seamlessly. 

Reading through the forums, I tried first turning off the iPhone connection to stabilise the MBP connection. As that didn't work, I deleted the iPhone connection using Bose Connect app. Also upgraded the firmware to 3.1.8 using Bose Connect and this morning connected to btu.bose.com to upgrade the voice control as well. 

Anyways, now the headphone connect to my MBP but can't see it in the Bose Connect app. The app keeps on waiting at the "Select An Accessary" screen but it can't find the headphone. I have tried restarting the phone and headphone. Then tried turning off the BT on MBP and even deleting all the BT devices on both phone and laptop. None of that is working. 

How can I reset everything and get the headphone to work seamlessly with iPhone and MBP? I guess the first step is for the Bose Connect app to be able to detect the headphone. Any help is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: QC35 II won't connect to the Bose Connect App or have a stable connection to MacBook Pro

Hello Ozuser,

Thank you for reaching out, and for also providing the details on what you have tried so far. Let's try resetting the headset and clearing the Bluetooth paired device list on the headphones. 

To reset the headphones:

• Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  • Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  • Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

To clear the Bluetooth paired list:

1. Turn the headset on
  2. Slide and hold the power switch to the right to the Bluetooth symbol for 10 seconds or until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared"

Please try connecting your devices again, and let us know how that goes. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support