Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leotimus
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Re: QC35 - Impossible to have a call in noisy environments

@Sasu wrote:

Has anyone tried using the QC35 headphones with a boom mic like this one: ClearMic Noise-Cancelling Boom Microphone for Bose QC35? I'm considering buing the headphones, but would have to be able to make calls in an office environment using them and for now that seems impossible according to the comments here.

Yes, I have one of that mic for my QC35, build quality is not as expected but it DOES work very nice with QC35 to provide clean and clear sound.

innit30
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 19, 2016

I had a good result. My friend brought a pair and the mic works perfectly. Rang Bose and they admitted it was a major fault and I have sent them in for a replacement pair. Have a look at when yours were manufactured on the app, mine where October 2016, my friends were March 2017, so between then I'm hoping they found a fix, it is Hardware! I rolled back, updated, tried everything. Doesn’t matter how long you have had them for, you are covered under ACL (IF IN AUSTRALIA). I'll let you know once I receive my replacement pair.

SORRY should have confirmed mine are Quite comfort 35 headset, in saying this if its an issue with other any other Bose headset you should all be covered under ACL (Again if in Aust)

Bose contact 1800-061-046 (Be prepared for a long wait)

wimorrison
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 24, 2017

My QC35 were manufactured on 5 May 2017 and still have this issue so dont hold out too much hope that getting another pair will fix your issue.

I was told in an email from one of the Bose directors that they are working on a fix for this and a patch will be released to cure it, however he wouldn't commit to a date when the 'fix' would be released.

I wonder if the QC35 II just released have this issue?

DaStevo
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

My QC 35s manufactured June 19, 2017. I'm running 1.3.2 and have this problem. I only have them a couple of weeks so that's quite disappointing as I bought them to deal with a noisy office environment. When I'm on the phone the background audio is passed right through into the call. I have an iPhone SE (IOS 10 and now 11) and also using with a Cisco CP-8861.

I'm in two minds as to whether I wait for the next firmware or send them back.

DarkManX4lf
Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2017

So Bose released the QC35 v2 with a Google assistant button.... I wonder if they quietly fixed the call issues with the v2.....
ursoos
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2017

Any word on possible firmware update to fix it? 

This is just pure joke. Not only you cannot talk over phone, you can't even stay muted on the call since SideTone kicks in and sends all the outside audio into your headphones. 

EDIT: Anyone in Europe managed to get QC25 mic-cable from Bose? 

wimorrison
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 24, 2017

Completely agree about nit being able to make calls in noisy environment, but muting my iPhone works perfectly - just annoying I have to then unmute when I want to speak.

given that they have wonderful tech to cancel out noise why can't they cancel out the noise from the background when you speak? Afterall they have already sampled it to cancel the noise in the headphones!

ursoos
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2017

@wimorrison wrote:

given that they have wonderful tech to cancel out noise why can't they cancel out the noise from the background when you speak? Afterall they have already sampled it to cancel the noise in the headphones!

Jawbone had it YEARS ago. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-A231eCmCk

Jawbone's™ military-grade NoiseAssasin® removes virtually all background noise so you can make calls anywhere. Be confident to take that call at the airport,...
garretn
Collaborator
Registered since

May 27, 2017

You are right Jawbone did have several units that worked well but it appears they couldn't keep it working so they gave up and quit selling them.  The Jawbones I had never leasted more than a year before they failed.  But it was nice while they lasted.

ursoos
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2017

Going back to my questions:

1. any news on firmware update? 
  2. anyone was successful in EU to get QC25 cable-mic from Bose?