Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2016

QC35 - Impossible to have a call in noisy environments

I have a pair of QC35's and its really impossible to have calls in noisy (subway or street) environments because when i try to have a call, headphones take every single sound in environment and receiver doesn't listen my voice over others sounds, even when i call in a quite environment, every sound is taken. Also, i cant use Siri in same conditions and its very annoying have those kind of problem in "premium" headphones. 

I think that second microphone should be off when a user is calling with headphones, because NC doesn't works.

Will be a firmware update to fix this? Or i have to sell it and don't buy Bose products anymore?

183 REPLIES 183
Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Re: QC35 - Impossible to have a call in noisy environments

@ibenavidesfu wrote:

Or i have to sell it and don't buy Bose products anymore?

We are product owners just like you are.  Sarcasm like that doesn't affect us.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2016

jaja just joking about that. I really want to know if this is a regular problem in QC35's or there is a problem with my pair.

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

I can't answer with any degree of certainty because I don't use mine for calls.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Thanks for reaching out ibenavidesfu. The issue seems to be with the sensitivity of the microphone. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to adjust the microphone sensitivity in our wireless headsets.  It's possible that the source device has an option to accomplish this, so definitely check in its settings.

Also, remember to use the Bose Connect App to make sure your device is up to date. Click HERE. for more information.

Hope this helps.  Thanks! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2016

Sad to hear that, i use bose connect app and headphones are updated and im using it with iphone, actually the problem is not the source device because i have problems only with QC35.

Very dissapointed of QC35's

Thanks for your answer anyway
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 21, 2017

Same here. The mic seems to amplify every single noise. I had my qc35 replaced , same issue. I can't believe we are Alone on this... Upgrade to latest version. You can't just use the headset at all...That is just crazy that it was not tested or reported earlier...The latest few does not help either
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 21, 2017

*the latest fw I meant
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Hi Tony,

I understand that ANC basically switches to all noise passthrough (basically playing the noises together with my phonecall), so that I don't start shouting not hearing my voice the right level. However this only works in quite environments as well, since if I'm in a noisy one, I cannot even hear what the guy on the other end of the line says cause of the aplified noise coming into my ears.

I think creating a switch, maybe even a button operated short switch like mute with both volumes pressed at the same time, to enable or disable noise passthrough during phonecalls would solve this problem. When I know I am in a noisy environment I cna speak up a bit so they hear me and I hear thme because ANC stays on. This would also help most liekly with the other issue mentioned here that the microphones work in a different way during call.

I am aware that there may be hardware limitation to change sensitivity of some parts, but deciding which mode the headphone runs during a phone call must be a software handled decision. Same goes if you are in a conf call for 2 hours in a noisy environment, muted and only listening, you get all the useless noise from your environment. At least disable the noise passthrough when I'm on mute.

Miklos

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

miklosbard

Thank you for the suggestion. We will pass this along to out engineers.

Tony