Registered since

Oct 5, 2017

Re: QC35 - Impossible to have a call in noisy environments

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

Unfortunately I’m not sure that this firmware does anything much for QC35 owners and certainly doesn’t fix the issues with making/receiving calls. 😞

I’m just about to buy a QC25 cable - I haven’t seen any negative comments on this solution. So seems to be the cheapest option. Otherwise a nice Plantronics headset.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

Ambient noise is making this product unusable.  Is there a fix / configuration correction coming? 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 24, 2017

I solved the problem by purchasing a set of earphones from amazon for USD35(GBP25) and they are brilliant for making and receiving phone calls - why can’t a company with Bose resources selling a premium product produce a product that is as good as the cheap alternative - doesn’t need to be better, has as good as
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi everyone,

I wanted to drop in and and let you know that we hear your concerns and we're listening.  We assure you that these reports you're all providing are going to the right people and as always, we encourage you to contact your local Bose support.  

Please continue to reach out as you need, your feedback helps.

Take care,

Shiloh_C

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2017

Thank you, Shiloh. I have reported this problem several times. Each time, they tell me that the unit is defective so send it back. I'm on my third pair of headphones so far, with no change in behavior. Support isn't very helpful in this regard.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2017

Hello @Shiloh_C and @ST 

Being 100% honest, do you think/know this is a hardware issue that will never be solved in the existing models? Or a software issue thats can be addressed with a future firmware update?

I'm about to get a pair of QC35 series II and although I want to use 80% of the time to listen to songs with NC, I sometimes do conferences because I have a remote job.

===>> So, this communication problem is in hardware or software?

If it is a software issue, I can wait several months for the fix. But if it is a hardware issue, maybe I'll need other headphone with NC.

Thanks!

PS: sorry for posting twice, I think the first one was in a incorrect topic.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @dbdbdb,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, I cannot give you an answer about what we may or may not be doing in the future. 

Sincerely,

ST

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

Freaking awful design. I almost choked on my coffee today (first time using Bose headset at office) when the other side folks said they could hear my colleague from 10 ft away over me! Having paid 275GBP for this white elephant, I thought even the microphone is positioned to isolate noise. So pissed off right now. In one morning I've lost faith on the entier brand. Never ever again will I buy a Bose product. Trying to get mine sold on eBay now. What a waste!!! If I just wanted to listen to music without external sounds I would pick another headset. Definitely need to warn people - this is borderline fraudulent. How could they release the product with such a huge design flaw?? God it is unimaginable that they did not test a phone call outside their lab or even inside their lab, with a few mice squeaking, to check if they can be heard on the other side. I bet they would sound like furniture being dragged across a marble floor.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

This is not sidetone. The microphone is outside on the cup. Essentially, it means if there is a person speaking even 10 ft around you while you're on a call, the people on the other of the line will hear him like first person. Unbelievable design flaw. Now imagine, if you have to take a call while on a train or just in a coffee shop. This is just an unimaginable oversight on the part of Bose design team. A 300 pound headphone that cannot be used to take phone calls in public? You have to be kidding me.