Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 24, 2017

Re: QC35 - Impossible to have a call in noisy environments

Any alternatives?

Everybody makes alternatives, Sony, Sennheiser, Beats, B&W, ...

And they all seem to work well - unlike the Bose products
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

very interested to learn of a better microphone / noise cancelling headset combination.  I am very disappointed with the Q35.  Ambient noise management is very poor.

@wimorrisonwrote:
Any alternatives?

Everybody makes alternatives, Sony, Sennheiser, Beats, B&W, ...

And they all seem to work well - unlike the Bose products
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2018

The answer should be hardware. I found a boom mic product on Amazon that connects to the QC35. Downside is that it has to be wired into whatever device (i.e. phone, laptop, etc.) you are connected to.

https://www.headsetbuddy.com/clearmic-noise-cancelling-boom-microphone-for-bose-qc35/

Bose should make a product to solve this, so that we don't have to go with a third party solution. Bose, or anyone else for that matter, should make one that still allows for wireless use!!!

BTW, in case anyone cares...

LOVE these headphones for music, while traveling, while watching tv.

HATE them pairing with Windows laptop (I end up just plugging in the included wire, which btw does not have a mic on it, thanks Bose), and on phone calls in areas with moderate to extreme background noise.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

I have had QC35 ii's for few weeks. They have absolutely no use for Skype calls / conference calls in an open office! The mic picks way too much noices from around. I'm forced to revert back to Jabra Evolve 65's for office use.

Moreover, the headset didn't connect without an USB dongle correctly. 😞

Suggestion: Bose, provide us an windows desktop app for the headset and allow us to change settings reliably from there. App would be helpful for connecting the bluetooth too.