tedl
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

QC35 - Incoming call announcements

Hi Bose, I do many phone calls every day on the bose qc35, connected to my Iphone or on my computer (skype). If I'm on an active call and there is a 2nd call coming in, I immediatly get a long notice from the headphones like "call from....0023 456 55 553". This announcement takes like 5 seconds plus and during that time, I do not hear my first call (which become an odd moment afterwards). A simple knock-knock sound would be sufficient to notify about a second call when another call is already active. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: QC35 - Incoming call announcements

Author Accepted Answer selected by tedl

Thank you for your feedback regarding the voice prompts. We are happy to forward your comments to our product development team. We did want to let you know that you have the ability to disable the voice prompts from the Bose Connect app. Select the headphones from with in the app and tap the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to see that option. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by tedl

Thank you for your feedback regarding the voice prompts. We are happy to forward your comments to our product development team. We did want to let you know that you have the ability to disable the voice prompts from the Bose Connect app. Select the headphones from with in the app and tap the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to see that option. 

View solution in original post

tedl
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Thanks Ryan! I didn't see that option before. I've disabled the announcements now.

Dantonis
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2017

Hi there, I tried this, but the Bose Connect App does not find my headset.  I just got it for Christmas, but I have no idea if they are too old to be part of this technology?  I really dislike the long announcement, as it just cuts the conversation completely off.  I have a pair of "SoundLink" on-ear Bluetooth headphones.

Thank you!

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Dantonis,

Here is a link to the owners guide for your SoundLink Bluetooth headphones.

http://worldwide.bose.com/productsupport/assets/pdf/guides/soundlink_oe_headphones/en/ja/soundlink_o...

See page 9.

Turning voice prompts off/on
If you prefer not to hear voice prompts, press and hold
Volume + and Volume -
at the same time until you hear, “Voice prompts off”.

@Dantonis wrote:

Hi there, I tried this, but the Bose Connect App does not find my headset.  I just got it for Christmas, but I have no idea if they are too old to be part of this technology?  I really dislike the long announcement, as it just cuts the conversation completely off.  I have a pair of "SoundLink" on-ear Bluetooth headphones.

Thank you!

Dantonis
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2017

THANK YOU!!  This was the secret!  I really appreciate your help!!