Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 17, 2017

QC35: New Headphones, Terrible Soundquality with Laptop, Problems with SmartPhone! Software Problem?

Hi all,

I just bought 2 pair of Bose QC35. I have my Problems with both of them. I started to test them out with standard Firmware coming with the headphones. 1.0.6 i think.

For your Information: My SmartPhone (Elephone P8000) and even my ASUS-Taichi31-Laptop works very nice and perfect soundquality with my 1 year-old Bose Soundlink Mini II and other Players via Bluetooth.

First Problem:

My Laptop ASUS Taichi31 connects with them without problems, but the Soundquality is very poor. Sounds like FM-Radio with bad Antennasignal. With all other bluetoothplayers and devices there is no problem at all. i dont think my Asus-Taichi31 is the problem.

Second Problem:

But when i connect one of my QC35 to my Smartphone, i have alot of stopping for a short time and the speed of the music is accelerating and slowing some times.

Then i updated firmware to newest version, and im not getting any word out of music anymore now. its just doing some sounds and peaks, without any music. Now i cannot use my QC35 on my Smartphone anymore because there is no more music to hear since the firmware update 1.2.1 (?).

on the other side I got a Samsung S3 and some HTC M7 here working without any problems.

So in fact i have the same problem with 2 brandnew QC35.

I even bought a bluetooth-usb-stick for my computer to test them on the computer. they both work fine on my computer.

im not a technican or computer-expert but i think there is a problem with some of the bluetooth-versions or protocol?!

please help me out bose.

im owning the headphones almost 2 days and im very mad that they dont work correctly on my devices.

i dont wanna buy another smartphone to let my headphones work! even though my BOSE Soundlink works perfect with it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 17, 2017

Re: QC35: New Headphones, Terrible Soundquality with Laptop, Problems with SmartPhone! Software Prob

Author Accepted Answer selected by General_Fist

My new Mobilephone has arrived.

With this device the headphones work well.

I'd say it's solved, but im still curious why the Bose Soundlink II works with my old phone well but not with QC35.

Is there a different hardware in it?!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: QC35: New Headphones, Terrible Soundquality with Laptop, Problems with SmartPhone! Software Prob

Hi General ...

On your PC

If the Bluetooth drivers loaded correctly, there will be two Bluetooth Profiles. Their names will be similar to

1. Headphones (Bose QC35 Stereo) [This does not support using the microphone]
  2. Headset (Bose QC35 Hands-Free) [This is MONO but allows access to the microphone]

If things are working properly, an application that can use the microphone will automatically switch to the Headset or Hands-Free profile. For music, when you don't need the microphone, it should switch to the Stereo profile. However, depending on the application you are using, you may need to manually switch the profile. It sounds like Windows is not switching the profiles automatically for you.

Are both profiles are installed? Here is how you can tell, and switch between them.

1. When you can hear sound through your QC35 headphones look at the notifications area (usually the bottom right of the screen).

2. Click the speaker icon

3. Above the volume scrubber, you should see something like
    Headphones (Bose QC35 Hands-Free) ^

4. Click the ^ (up arrow).  You should then see
    Select playback device
    all the other outputs that are available.
    If you see Headset (Bose QC35 Stereo), then click that.
  5. You will probably hear a difference in the audio (stereo I hope).

Does this work for you?

ST

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 17, 2017

Hey ST,

thank you for your quick help.

Yes i just found out on my Windows7 Computer, that there's 2 Profile.

And Handsfree profile sounds the same like on my laptop.

So i think i just need to change the profile on it, to increase the soundquality. (too bad the laptop has windows 8.1 :P)

So the first problem seems to be solved. Thanks alot.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

General,

Great answer by @ST - Hearphones on the first issue.Regarding the second problem, does the issue occur on only one device? Or is it consistent over multiple devices?

Let us know

Tony

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 17, 2017

Im Having problems with my mobilephone with both QC35.

After doing the FW Upgrade to 1.2.10 it went worse. No more music instead of stopping sounds (with 1.0.6)

I wonder how the FW Upgrade makes the problem bigger.

On other device my QC35 works fine. But i wonder why my smartphone doesnt work on them because on my BOSE Soundlink Mini II it works FINE.

I bought a new Smartphone now, receiving it on Wednesday. Lets see what happens with this one. (Lenovo P2)

Maybe someone finds out whats the problem with my elephone p8000?

i know that the elephone doesnt have the best bluetooth-chip, but it works on Soundlink etc. fine.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 17, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by General_Fist

My new Mobilephone has arrived.

With this device the headphones work well.

I'd say it's solved, but im still curious why the Bose Soundlink II works with my old phone well but not with QC35.

Is there a different hardware in it?!

View solution in original post