hogancemper
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

QC35 Power and Bluetooth Light wont power off

Power and Bluetooth light wont power off when switch is to the left, sound makes like it is powered off but the lights stay on...need help!

25 REPLIES 25
Silrosriv
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

Re: QC35 Power and Bluetooth Light wont power off

Mine just started doing this 2 days ago.

Silrosriv
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

Ok, I'm crossing my fingers this worked for good. I plugged mine in via usb to my laptop, checked for new firmware (I already had the most current one), disconnected, pushed the volume up and volume down at the same time (the voice will tell you to select English press and hold the middle button), then I held down all 3 buttons, then I held down the volume up and middle button, then same but with the volume down, then turned the headphones on then off. 

So far, about 10 minutes without them turning back on. I hope this works for you as well.

Zenee
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2017

I am having a similar problem with my Q35 now, but it's weird.  After I turn it off the lights go off, but after a few minutes or even when I wake up the next day the green light is on.  I have updated the version yesterday, but there was no change. Any thoughts???

Silrosriv
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

I would suggest doing what I did. I haven't had any problems since.
Zenee
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2017

Appreciate your help and all I did was plug it in my Mac and back out.  Seems to me working fine now.

Thanks!

padenni
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

I have tried this, and it did not work for me.  Headphones continue to turn themselves on, even when the power button is off.  Bose customer service finally got back to me about this issue and are looking into it.  Sometimes the headphone stay off, but most of the time they turn back on.  It seems completely random when or why they turn on.  I have noticed, that if I turn the power switch on and hold it for a second or two, then turn the swich off, the headphones seem to stay off for a longer period of time, than if I just quickly turn them off.  But they always seem to turn themselves back on regardless of what I do.  I'll post again here depending on what Bose customer service says - hopefully there's a resolution for this.

Zenee
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2017

Connecting it onto my Mac only worked for a while...but started failing again....so... As of right now I keep them in charge mode otherwise they turn themselves back on!  Please let me know what you find out!

Thanks!

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Zenee

Thanks for posting and all the troubleshooting you have done. I would definitely recommend contacting your local Bose support.Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Hope that helped

Tony

Zenee
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2017

I went to the website and found I needed to update my QC35 headset as there was an update I was not aware of.  I downloaded & installed the update which is 1.3.2 so we'll see if this works.  Will update after a few days.

Thanks Tony!