Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrmagloo
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

QC35 Protective Sleeves

I wanted to share something for the others who are similarly situated.  I've had various wired NC headphones for many years. I fly a fair amount, and have primarily been using my Sony in-ear NC which are fine, but the wires are a pain.  I also have tried to use them while mowing on the tractor in the backyard, but they always seem to to get snagged by tree/bush branches or they just slowly fall out. I pretty much gave up.

I recently got my new QC35's, (and thank God I didn't update the firmware yet), but for flying I'm hoping I can deal with the added bulk. But more importantly, I was looking forward to using them during the mowing season. However, in the back of my mind, I was worried about all the dust and debris getting into the microphones, etc, and in time destroying these expensive buggers.

So, yesterday I got a brainwave. I was at the Harley dealer picking up some parts for some winter mods, and I noticed they had the cinch retangular felt eyeglass cases on the counter and a lightbulb went off.  I bought two of them for $3 each and brought them home.  I was able to slide one up on each ear cup, and then cinch the top to snug up.  Gave the QC35's a trial run by walking around and this worked GREAT.  Still had decent cup seal, the NC still worked fine, and I even started up the tractor, which is now setup with a snowblower, and they sounded perfect and drowned out most of the engine noise.

The eyeglass cases are black and have a Harley log on one side, from a distance you really don't notice them so much. But, it sure will give me some piece of mind in protecting the delicate little microphones, etc, from the dust and debris while mowing, and when done, they slip right off.   I figured I'd share this tid-bit I stumbled on if anyone else uses their set in somewhat hostile environments from time to time. Might help and for $6, it's cheap insurance.  Fwiw.

1 REPLY 1
Socrates
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Re: QC35 Protective Sleeves

Hey, that's a good idea.  A heck of a lot better than my thought of taping the microphones!  Smiley Very Happy

By the way, I updated my firmware and I'm very pleased.