Highlighted

Re: QC35 Strange Noise

Hey there!

I'm glad that you reached out!

Based off of what you're describing I would recommend reaching out to customer support, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  

I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Please take the kindest care,

Shiloh - Community Support 

HereComesJoe
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2018

I had the same problem and the solution was simple, just took my hand away from laptop! This was cause by some electro-waves-earth thing. I was travelling in a bus and the laptop was plugged to the switch. When the plug came off the sound stopped. When I took laptop(wired in bus) off my lap the sound stopped. 😊. Nothing to do with Bose quiet comfort.. unless the interference has something to do with the headphone. For me this only happened in that particular bus(other buses no problem). After 1.5 years of usage

Hello, kielresnick! Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community! 

That is strange indeed. The best way to approach this is to isolate the headphones as best you can (to reduce potential interference). This would mean making sure other electronic devices such as your router, or anything that plugs in for that matter, are turned off or out of range. Then see if the problem persists.

If the problem does not go away, please check to make sure your headphone firmware is fully up to date (update HERE). If they are updated, you have clear the paired devices list (instructions HERE), and the problem still exists then I'd recommend contacting our support team for further assistance.

Let us know how it goes! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Laksh3
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

I have got the same issue. 

hubermax
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2018

I have a similar issue which no solution so far worked for. 

I hear some squeaking sound as if it some material inside the headset is rubbing at my glasses or something. I know it's something physical as it also appears when the headset is turned off. Sometimes I feel like it's in rythmn with my pulse or when I move my head a bit. 

The headset is only one month old and there's nothing to it like water or anything. Getting my hands off the laptop didn't help as suggested above.

Thankful for any help!

Hi hubermax,

Thanks for posting. It does sound like your headset has a physical problem with it. I would contact your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, kindly scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

John J.
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2018

Greetings.

The definitive answer to the issue of this “creepy crawly noise” and battery failure is simple.

I’ve owned my Bose Soundlink Over-the-Ear headphones since late 2016, and thoroughly enjoyed them until recently when I began hearing a strange noise in the right ear. It seemed to be intermittent, but a pattern became evident; when I put the headphones on and adjusted the right side of the headband to its smallest size, the noise would start. This did not occur with the left side. Also, on occasion, after charging the headphones all night, I would power the headphones on only to hear, “Battery 10%. Please charge now.” I quickly learned that if I turned the headphones off, plugged them in for even a brief second and turned them back on, the battery would instantly be at 90% and would last all day. The battery never goes to 100% anymore, as I believe the battery has been damaged as a result of the failure described below.

The noise in the right speaker and accompanying battery issue eventually got to the point that my beloved $279 Bose headphones were not simply useless; they were a major source of frustration. While this was not the extremely high-quality Bose product I had expected, I understand that being on the cutting edge of technology means that mistakes will be made. My faith in the brand is still strong and, provided Bose is willing to stand behind its products, I will continue to purchase Bose products, as well as encourage others to do so.

With the warranty on my headphones expired, I set about the task of experimenting to see if I could ascertain the cause of this fault and found, with 100% certainty, that the culprit is a failure in the wiring in the headband between the leather upper, and the earcup.

Like many manufacturers, Bose designed their headphones to fit all sizes of heads. This means the length of the wires in the headband must be such that they are long enough to allow for the headband to be adjusted to its largest size. These same wires must be able to be “drawn up” or compressed when the headband is adjusted to its smallest size.

Of the multitude of proven methods to accomodate this functionality, Bose made the decision to make an “accordion” of the wire. This means that once the wire comes out of the metal frame of the headband, the wire is bent a total of six times (in a zig-zag fashion) before being inserted into the earcup. Over time, through normal use and repeated headband adjustments, these wires can be straightened and bent thousands of times resulting in the weakening and breakage of the hair-like wires. Additionally, the sheath in which these wires are wrapped can be compromised when the sharp edge of the metal headband frame rubs against and cuts into the wire’s insulation. This can result in a short circuit which can cause odd sounds or interference in the speakers. If the affected wires lead to the battery, severe battery damage, an overheated battery condition, or total failure of the entire unit can occur. Any one of these conditions alone renders the product useless.

I look forward to hearing other customers’ comments, as well as the opportunity to engage with Bose Corporation’s representative.

Thank you for your time.
LLolls
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 22, 2019

This worked for me! Thx!