kielresnick
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

QC35 Strange Noise

Hello, I have owned a pair of QC35 Bose Headphones for nearly a year and today something strange came through my ear. The right side headphone seems to be making a very creepy crawly type noise. It literally sounds like there is something crawling around in my ear. At first I thought it was water in my ear because I had just exited the shower but it was not. The sound is like a muffled crackling sound and it is completely random with the different tones it makes but is a constant noise coming through the right ear. The sound can be heard when there is no audio being played through the device via bluetooth or auxillary port and also when audio is being played through. 

Please help!

17 REPLIES 17

Re: QC35 Strange Noise

Hey kielresnick

Thanks for the post. We can help. Let's get you back to enjoying your headphones! Would you say this noise is heard the moment you power on the headsets? Have you tried rebooting the headset? Here are the steps:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Let us know if that helped. If you find the noise to persist, we recommend the best thing to do is to contact your local Bose Support for available options. 

Here's a link to get contact info if you need it. 

Thank you,

Mohsin

Rionic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2017

I have the same problem!

Hey Rionic!  

Thanks so much for adding your voice here - can I ask, have you tried the reset steps that @Mohsin_S listed above?  I'd like to add a few more steps to try too.

After you perform the reset let's clear the pairing list.  Just slide the power switch all the way over to the right towards the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there until you hear a voice prompt letting you know that the list is cleared - this should take about 10 seconds. At this point make sure to delete the headphones from your device's paired lists as well then reestablish the connections and test it out.

I hope this helps!  That certainly sounds like an eerie thing to encounter.

Have a wonderful rest of your week and take care,

Shiloh_C 

TeemoOverlord
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2018

I was searching bing to find a solution for the same problem and found this thread. Thank's this helped!

EDIT: The problem seems to come back after a while, but after cleaning the headphones a little, it's all clear now.
guis.mello
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

Dear Mohsin,

I did what you describe but my QC35 keep doing the same noise. 

What can I do?

Thaks

best

Hello @guis.mello!

Thank you for reaching out here. I appreciate that you went through all troubleshooting steps. My best recommendation now would be to contact your local Bose Support for further assistance. Here is a link to get contact info if you need it. Select your region, scroll down, and click "Contact us".

Let me know how everything works out for you!

Thanks again,

Mohsin 

coolkaiser
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

I have the exact problem with brand new QC 35 II headphone. Tried the resetting and it doesn't change anything. It is obviously under warranty, but now I am worried if this seems to be a common problem with Bose headphones. I am concerned if the replacement headset will have/ might run into the same problem in the future. 

Hi coolkaiser,

Thanks for chiming in. If you have tried the troubleshooting steps both @Mohsin_S and @Siloh_C has offered and you are still having the issue, I would definitely reach out to local support for assistance. 

Regards,

Tony-Community Support.

Rionic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2017

Hey the problem was fixed for a while but now it is back and has been annoying me for the past few days. I tried your steps but nothing worked.