Highlighted
RedHeart
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

QC35 ambient sound amplified when connected to Mac Mojave 10.14

When the Bose QC35II connects to a MAC laptop you will hear an annoying HISSS in the background unless you manually change the INPUT sound device back to MAC's mic.

Read This: https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC35-ambient-sound-amplified-when-connected-to-MacB...

Why is this happening in the first place? Why it's not the case with windows laptops?

Should I REALLY do it manually each time I connect to my MacBook? Even after each time answering a phone call? and when the headphone connects back to the laptop, I have to manually change the input again!! 10 times a day?!

Update: Have ever seen a Mac crashed? You can easily experience it with your BOSE QC35 II connected and you change the Sound input device a few times a day to escape from noise on your premium headphones... 

I am on the latest firmware and OS on both devices.

It's a very serious issue for me. I bought this headphone to be able to connect to two devices at the same time without manual steps. But now...

Appreciate your feedback. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RedHeart
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

Re: QC35 ambient sound amplified when connected to Mac Mojave 10.14

Author Accepted Answer selected by RedHeart

I've found a workaround.

Go to Utility>Sound Midi

Here you need to create an Aggregate Device and select your headphone for OUTPUT and your laptop's internal MIC as INPUT.

The next time when you connect the headphone, your MAC will recognize your Headphone as OUTPUT and that Aggregate Device as INPUT! - Problem solved guys!!  

2 REPLIES 2
RedHeart
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by RedHeart

I've found a workaround.

Go to Utility>Sound Midi

Here you need to create an Aggregate Device and select your headphone for OUTPUT and your laptop's internal MIC as INPUT.

The next time when you connect the headphone, your MAC will recognize your Headphone as OUTPUT and that Aggregate Device as INPUT! - Problem solved guys!!  

Hey RedHeart,

Great job and thank you for contributing and sharing such a useful tip to the community! We're also glad to hear this worked out for you. 

We are going to close this since there has been a solution and it will benefit other users having the same issue to find it quicker. 

Thank you again and have a great rest of your day. 

Mohsin - Community Support