Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 20, 2018

Re: QC35 and QC30 for communications

Dear feysul, I agree with you.

The fact that they are "silent" means that there is no solution, my opinion.

If I have to live like this, I will survive. But next acquisition I will challenge very much more Bose with competition. I paid it more than 400$ in France!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 15, 2018

My noise cancellation started work inversely the other day. i.e. it seemed to be amplifying things. There was a firmware update available and now the noise cancelling is working but the calls quality is terrible. As described in this post I just found to link here. 

"Hearing the caller through the headphone sounds really patchy, very robotic distorted sound. Quality of call diminishes the longer you're on the call; problem starts within 2-4 seconds within the call."

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

I am sorry, I didn't head all the replys, but does anyone was actually able to get a refund?

I bought a QR35 mainly to make conference calls and it is not suitable for me.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

I was refused for the refund. Ended up selling the headphones and buying Sony MDR 1000X which works perfectly.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2018

I also just upgraded to the Sony wi1000x. Perfect communication. Slightly better music. Not so robust though.

Hope bose can get their act together. Annoying to have waster my money...
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 7, 2017

From reviews I've seen, the Sony is a little better in every respect apart from comfort after wearing for several hours (eg long plane flights, which is the main reason I got mine).
Interesting about the robustness aspect of the Sony.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2018

@ST

I was on this thread https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC-35-Phone-Call-Issues/td-p/70932 which discusses the headphones working normally and then stopping to take phone calls, and someone rewired it to this thread where, respectfully, you guys seem to change the topic to levels of sensitivity and human voice recognition. The headphones worked as promissed for months, and then all of the sudden I can either hear the other side and they can't hear me, or the whole phone call is completely dead on the headset while running on the phone. The firmware didn't change in the process, so there must be a different reason. Also, I just upgraded to the newest softwear after the issue started happening and nothing changed. Those complaints are dating back months and months, and still nothing on your side. You guys certainly deal with this angry mob attitude often and it never gets any less annoying, but paying the highest price for the best headset from the best compnay means not running into issues that go unfixed for months and months. 

Thanks 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @JLove,

I'm sorry you're having trouble being hearing or being heard when you're on phone calls. What you're describing sounds different than the topic of discussion here.  If it was working fine, and then that stopped working correctly, it's time to talk to Bose Support.

Please follow this link to Bose product support for your area.

• Click on your country, then
  • Scroll down to the link: "contact us".
  • Follow the link and send an email or call.

Thanks,

ST

@JLove wrote:

@ST

I was on this thread https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC-35-Phone-Call-Issues/td-p/70932 which discusses the headphones working normally and then stopping to take phone calls, and someone rewired it to this thread where, respectfully, you guys seem to change the topic to levels of sensitivity and human voice recognition. The headphones worked as promissed for months, and then all of the sudden I can either hear the other side and they can't hear me, or the whole phone call is completely dead on the headset while running on the phone. The firmware didn't change in the process, so there must be a different reason. Also, I just upgraded to the newest softwear after the issue started happening and nothing changed. Those complaints are dating back months and months, and still nothing on your side. You guys certainly deal with this angry mob attitude often and it never gets any less annoying, but paying the highest price for the best headset from the best compnay means not running into issues that go unfixed for months and months. 

Thanks 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2018

I just purchased QC30, and I am very disappointed in the performance of the MIC, no one would like to talk with me over the phone, no one can hear me at all, they hear the people around me louder than my voice.

I wasted my money buying this QC30.

before i was using a very cheap ANKER wireless headset, and it has a feature to silence the environment and it was very loud and clear to all.

now, what do i do with this useless expensive QC30?

i thought i can adjust this thing or at least from the mobile application to do something, really i hate it now.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Hello @ST and Bose community-at-large,

I would like to add my voice to this thread.  I received my QC 35 ii's on Saturday and have been very pleased with them for use in my office.  Unfortunately today I had several conference calls to make, and it sure seemed like the set ramped the gain on the mic to very high levels.  This made it very difficult to hear and speak.

Early in this thread there was new firmware mentioned that might allow the enduser to control this behaviour, but I do not believe that functionality has been released.  Am I correct?

Many thanks.  I do like the product, but I am looking for something that will be useful for calls as well as music.