Arthur_L
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 13, 2018

Re: QC35 and QC30 for communications

About two months ago I have purchased Bose QC35 II and I am experiencing same problem. They are great for listening to music in loud environments like bus or gym with the ANC on I can barely hear anything in the background. But whenever someone calls me the story completely changes. Instead of cancelling out the background noise they amplify it and I feel as if I am using spy listening device because I can even hear someone chewing their food loudly from 10m away! Something that I don't hear without the headphones. Changing the different levels of ANC and turning it off completely doesn't change a thing.

I have tried every listed solutions to this problem with no avail. I have tried rebooting, clearing the paired list and upgrading them to the latest firmware via PC but the problem still persists. Having read through the forum, exchanging them for new pair is pointless as almost everyone is experiencing the same problem which in my opinion can be fixed with a simple software update. The best example of this problem is whenever I connect them to my laptop via Bluetooth (Windows 10) and set them as a default communication device, right click the little speaker icon beside your clock and select "Recording devices". Right away, even without anything playing in the background I can hear everything amplified around me instead of complete silence. It's as if I have "Listen to this device" turned on (which I obviously don't). They do quite the opposide to what they were designed for.

I am very dissappointed that there is still no fix for that problem after over a year of complains about it for such an expensive piece of hardware (€380). I sincerly hope they will fix this problem soon as my return period had expired (30 days) and the only thing I am able to do at my local Bose retailer is just keep exchanging them for a new pair.

maxnuk
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

I also complained about that. Bose said that it removed the ANC from High frequency (voice/acute) Because the processing is not very good and does not have a good efficiency...

So I made a request to Bose for a "Super ANC" (to remove voice, and showing a warning that will spend more battery and such).

But so far nothing... 😞

(I decided to try to make custom firmware for my qc35i XD)

Thanks,
Marcel M.
domiradas
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2018

Dears at Bose.

I just bought that QC 30 on my trip to the US. Since I could not try the device for some 'hygenical' issue, I just trusted the brand. Now, the next day I cant even talk to anyone as the microphone issue is a disaster.

How far have you gone on that issue. I can see the item is still sold with the same problem? Can I get a refund now that I am back in europe?  or how to fix it?

I was not expecting to purchase such a  priced items, but , because I really needed a way to have quality audio and conference calls while in flights or noisy aerea, I trusted your top brand and now feel pretty bad.

Please let me know what is possible.

thanks

Dominique

Community Manager

Hello, Dominique.

Thank you for joining the Bose Community.   I'm sorry you are not satisfied with your QC30. 

Please follow this link to Bose product support for your area.

• Click on your country, then
  • Scroll down to the link: "contact us".
  • Follow the link and send an email or call.

Thank you,

ST

Highlighted
Jay31
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

It's been a while since I left a comment on this forum, just saw this is still going when I'm trying to clean my inbox with GDPR spams. My experience to this wasn't good at all. Yes, they are good with noise cancellation, apart from that, they are horrible at phone calls. I also had an issue with it while running and in synch with run keeper app, it just stopped working suddenly. The green led just steady on and I couldn't force reset or even turn it off. I brought it back to a mall in Dubai, and they did replace it with a brand new unit. At first, I thought it maybe the compatibility with the running app. Next day I went for another run using Spotify this time, guess what, still the same. Just suddenly stops and cannot be turn off. Again pissed off that it's my second unit and same issue in just a day. Went back to Deira City Centre and requesting a refund due to this 2 obvious issues. Unfortunately, they don't do refunds and I was offered to get another product within the store, end up getting a Soundlink (old model I hate the lamp design) instead. Not totally disappointed, but totally unhappy since I don't need the Soundlink, I need earphones!

Fsoto
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

I purchased my Qc35 from BestBuy 2 weeks ago. Thank God I get extended return policy, they are unusable for phone calls. Going back to the store tomorrow and returning them, disappointed of my $300 dollar paperweight.  If they have not solved this problem by now, do not hold your breath while waiting for a fix 😞

maxnuk
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

jbmeek
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 5, 2018

I have owned Bose speakers for more than 25 years and have been delighted with the quality of those products. I recently purchased the Bose QCii headphones and I am quite disappointed. The salesman at Best Buy recommended the Sony headphones, but I bought the Bose expecting the quality to be better. Now I regret that choice.

For listening to music or watching movies on my Kindle these headphones work great. For making phone calls they are pretty much worthless unless you are in a quite environment. I want to use these headphones for conference calls, and when I am working from home they are great. But if I am in the office the microphone picks up every person talking in the background, even if they are several cubicles away. I tried using the QCii twice in this environment and my coworkers who were on the call have asked that I not use them due to the excessive noise. So now after having dropped $378 on these headphones I am still searching for a decent wireless setup to use on conference calls. If I could trade these headphones for the Sony unit I would do it in a heartbeat.

I noticed that the original post in this thread is from 6/2017 and apparently the background noise on the QC35 headphones was already a hot topic over 1 year ago. Does Bose have any intention of fixing this issue or replacing what I would consider defective products? I have the 2.5.1 firmware and it sounds like that is the most recent release.

The list of product "features" on the Best Buy website states "Noise-rejecting dual-microphone system provides clearer calls even in noisy environments." Wow, are you kidding me. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Regards,

J. Meek

domiradas
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2018

Hi,

I had the same problem last month purchasing from BEst buy also. Managed to talk to a service center in Europe and they ask me to send the set back to them and will send me another one.... I guess in 3 weeks I will know if the new set is disfunctional or not. Anyway they do know the problem... and for the kind of use we bought this product, it seems worthless...  JBL seems to have a great solution. Let's see fi Bose can fix that bug and reclaim their name...

Dominique

Karlacolungat
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 28, 2018

So, after 1 year... is there yet any fix for this issue? I have QC35II and have same issue when I use mine in the office. Please advice.