Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Re: QC35 and QC30 for communications

Hello Karlacolungat,

Thanks for your question! To reiterate previous posts on this subject. We have passed the community feedback to the relevant development teams. Keep an eye on this space as new information will be shared as it becomes available. Have a great day! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

manka
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2018

Really disappointed to find out this is a known issue which hasn't been resolved yet.  Your R&D teams are supposed to be best in class but they can't fix a fundamental flaw which is a pre-requisite.  It's totally unacceptable for me to have to switch my headphones off and take the call using my handset.

Your response above, in my view, is totally unacceptable.  We need to know whether it is worthwhile maintaining the loyalty we have demonstrated by purchasing such an expensive set of headphones because this flaw is going to be fixed, or whether it has been kicked into the long grass and may only be fixed on future products.  To say watch this space after the issue was raised more than a year ago is really terrible customer service and not something I would expect from Bose.  Rather than wait for information to become available I think it should be actively sought and fed back to the community that has invested heavily in the Bose brand, and unfortunately in the case of this product, mistakenly.

domiradas
Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2018

Well, absolutly right, it is a big bummer.

The aftersales service did replace the headset saying it should be ok, but I have some doubt... I received it few days ago at my brother plce and will let yu all know if it has chnged something or not...

Rgreyling
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2018

I've had my QC30s for 6 months now, and have been waiting with baited breath for the next firmware update to solve this issue that makes them pretty much useless for calls to the extent that I went out and bought a pair of Jabra earphones so that I could at least make calls. Imagine my excitement when I noticed a new firmware update (2.5.3) this morning, only to be disappointed that the problem still exists. I guess I'll have to keep on using the Jabras until Bose decides that this is an issue worth fixing. Unfortunately this will be my last Bose purchase and I will be spreading the word via every medium possible. Good bye Bose
Annabelle
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2018

I have had the QC35ll for 6 weeks. I have not been able to make a single successful call. I am so disappointed to realise this is a fault in the headphones. This is a key reason I bought them and at the price point is a basic requirement. I am new to BOSE and bought on the basis of your reputation. Again truly disappointed to read this feed.
wnlw
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Hi!  I just received my QC35ii headphones last night, upgrading from the QC25.  I connected the QC35ii to my macbook pro and took a call in my backyard, experiencing the exact same problem as this thread is discussing.  Birds chirping and dogs barking which are far away are amplified in the headset.  Even typing is amplified.  And the folks on the other side hear them very clearly.

So i did a Google search, and came to this thread.

Given this thread started in June 2017, it's been more than a year since the original complaints.

My question...since it has been so long now, can you guys please provide an ETA when you believe this will be resolved?   A years should be more than enough time to resolve this kind of problem, assuming of course this is high enough on your priority list, and there is software solution (like a switch to disable the mic).

At this point unfortunately, it seems to me that the QC35ii is a downgrade from my QC25s.  I'm sorry about that.

Fadyasha
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2018

Imagine my disappointment when I did the same, updated to 2.5.3 and no resolution. Can't believe I paid such an amount for a product that can't be used for calls. I've had this well over 10 months now, manufactured in April 2017. Such a waste, don't think this will ever be resolved.

Time to switch to something else.
amazed_engineer
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

I was made aware of this issue by friends today and certainly believe an addition would help. I love Q35 for its noise cancellation feature and the sensitive mic (when I'm alone) since I am generally a soft talker. That being said I certainly do not want to have to maintain multiple headphones just for calls. 

One idea is to have a feature (AI possibly) on the headphone to recognize the voice of owner (or option to add multiple users) and disregard everything else as background noise. I read a bit about how human voice is unique so spinning off of that. That being said I am not particularly familiar with the science of that part so not sure how difficult this would be to implement. If there are rules that could be defined, a computer program can be setup to do the job. It could be a start. 

Mutnat
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@domiradas wrote:

Well, absolutly right, it is a big bummer.

The aftersales service did replace the headset saying it should be ok, but I have some doubt... I received it few days ago at my brother plce and will let yu all know if it has chnged something or not...

@domiradas any updates here?  

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
Mutnat
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@amazed_engineer wrote:

One idea is to have a feature (AI possibly) on the headphone to recognize the voice of owner (or option to add multiple users) and disregard everything else as background noise. I read a bit about how human voice is unique so spinning off of that. That being said I am not particularly familiar with the science of that part so not sure how difficult this would be to implement. If there are rules that could be defined, a computer program can be setup to do the job. It could be a start. 

@amazed_engineer interesting idea, but I doubt it's practial on the existing hardare (sadly).

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!