baker_tony
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 7, 2017

Re: QC35 and QC30 for communications

I'm lucky in that I only use them for listening to stuff, eg planes.
However, whenever I see a review for Bose in all the tech blogs I subscribe to, I post a buyer beware warning about the product and a link to this (now) massive thread to save other people pain.
vahid
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 16, 2018

That actually is a very good point. Specailly when considering the price tag.

I'll do the same.

storkontheroof
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2018

Dear Bose,

Is there any news on this?

Please please please be nice to your customers and fix this issue asap; it's impossible for me to make calls with the headset, the otherside is always complaining about noise.

Thank you!!

Kind regards,

Richard

tangiblevisual
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 15, 2018

They seem to be ignoring the issue, I've attempted to roll back the firmware as they worked better when I first got them. But I can't get that to work either. 

Highlighted
mhgghas@gmail.com
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 4, 2018

I bought 2 pairs for for fellow worker and myself to make phone calls in a noisey environment, what a waste of a LOT of money, ive downloaded latest frimware this week and its worse, people can hear me bangin on laptop keyboard and others conversations 10-20 meters away.

Just found this forum, and this lack of a fix is disgusting, such a uality made product rendered useless, nearly a thousand bux down the drain, and im the dickhead who recommended them to my associate after being suckered in by the advertising.

How can such a simple thing be so F%^% up by a leading sound company, my 60 dollar gaming headset is absolutely silent when talking to online gamers,its a true noise cancelling microphone, the bose one is bordering on total false advertising and plain old bing ripped off, anyone care to put together a class action, ive got the evidence........

Rozzington
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

I have had this issue in two different environments, with my QC35 IIs.

1.  On a plane

I had my headphones on, noise-cancelling high, and I could hear the galley staff chatting all night as if they were standing right next to me. I was unable to have any rest at all on that flight.

2.  In my office

Whether there is a lot of noise, or the office is quiet, I shouldn't be able to hear people talking clearly from the other end of the room, as if they are standing right next to me.

It really makes your product not fit for purpose. What's the point of having $400 noise-cancelling headphones if they don't cancel noise? 

I don't care about using the headphones for meetings or phone calls - I just want the noise-cancelling to actually work.

baker_tony
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 7, 2017

Your's are definitely are faulty then. Noise cancelling on my QC35 IIs are excellent. Been on heaps of flights with them. They cancel out sound no worries.

What's also interesting is that I decided to take a call on my QC35 IIs the other day and everything happened to work perfectly (latest firmware). Could hear the person clearly while background noise was cancelled out and they could hear me clearly.

All seems very hit-and-miss with these headphones.

Meanwhile, Sony's new 1000XM3's look amazing.
**Moderator Edit: Removed external link**

LilyKoi9
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

I recently got the QC 35 II.  Great for music, but horrible when making/taking calls.  When I make/take a call, it's like im using Discord.  I hear an echo.  Why would I want to have my phone call like that with Bose noise canceling headphones?  From karla via chat wrote, " Karla at 14:18, Sep 18: The QC 35 has a side-tone feature. And it is perfectly normal for it to have an echo."  Really?  I have the QC 25 which is wired.  When I connect to my phone to make a call, all I hear is the other person.  No echo, no surrounding sounds resonating in to the headphones.  I would love to be free of wires and not have to buy batteries, but alas.  Thought the 35 II would be an excellent upgrade.  Nope.  Returning them and keeping my 25.  I mean, if you like making calls like you're talking into a tin can, get the 35 II.

Hi all,

Thanks for contributing to this post. To avoid confusion we can confirm that neither software nor hardware changes have been implemented that would address this concern and would like to suggest that anyone who is having issues with their QC30 or QC35 is encouraged to consult their local support team to assist. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Again, we wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread but we feel that is has become unfocused and there is some information that users might find unclear. Due to the lack of anything additional we have to offer regarding this issue we feel it's best to close this thread.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

davidrljames
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

QC35 mic picking up background noise

The last thread was closed after Bose stated this issue cannot be fixed by either hardware or software and then went on to suggest contacting local support? 

I have already done that, and it was suggested I send my pair off for a replacement.

As stated there is no fix. Do we have an option for a refund or compensation? Not being for for purpose?