Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robertpetry
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

Re: QC35 and QC30 for communications

@ST - Hearphones

Can you report anything on the QC30 yet?  We are trying to be paitent but it has been over a month and a half since the announcement and over a month since the firmware update for the QC35 came out.  I am hoping you have an update in the next few days.  Anything you can give us at this time?

Thank you.

edwardgonen
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2017

Just got my QC30 (and latest firmware .9). I confirm the terrible calls quality when the other side can barely hear me. My previous system is Samsung Level U with an excellent microphone. So I'm returning the QC30 back to the store. Unless someone can confirm any progress in microphone improvement. Did the last FW update helped, for example, to the QC35 users?

Thanks

garretn
Collaborator
Registered since

May 27, 2017

The QC30 doesn't have an update that fixes the issue so take them back while you can.

The fix I have found is purchasing the Apple Airpods.  They are not perfect but in the two weeks I have had them nobody has complained about background noise while I was on the phone with them.  I was talking at the airport with all that back ground noise and the other person didn't even realize I was at the airport.  They couldn't hear the annoncements but said every now and then they could hear a little back ground noise but my voice was always strong.

I'm very disappointed in Bose and can't help but feel we were lied to about what the product is capable of doing.  Others have been dealing with this longer than I have but I think i'm going on six months and (5) pair with same results.  I hope not but will not be surprised to see Bose sunset this product and come out with a different model leaving all of us with a $300 paper weight.  If they can't fix them they need to replace them with a product that works or refund our money.

jtaus67
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

Apparently i just earned a quiet contibutor award. I don't want to post what seems to be common knowledge. The QC30 is a disaster for 50% of its purported capability.

I do make it a point to join every one of my many conference calls each day using the QC30, and wait until someone complains to let them know what product I am using. It surprises many, but hopefully nobody else drops dollar on this product.

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @Robertpetry

I'm sorry to disappoint. Nothing new to report.

ST

Bryc3
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2017

Hi, 

As I am used to the QC25, during my very first call I immediatly noticed that there is a problem with MIC sensitivity and as if there was no noise cancelation when calling with the QC35. First approach to this new Bose product does not look good on that side though the media listening one is very good. 

This is really disturbing - for everyone in the call. After several tries and then a long research I felt on this thread. Looks like environement is amplified - as soon as someone talks, opens a bottle, closes door, or any other sounds pops, it gets amplified in the headphones; it can actually even hurt the hearing... I cannot imagine what a call in a really noisy environment is then. 

Is there any update about it so far? I hoped a lot that the last firmaware update would help but I just got out of a call after the update - it absolutly did not - zero change on that side. I will try the QC35 for less than a month and send it back before the end of 30 days policy otherwise. I also have still the QC25 which is really great in for music AND calls, and I would rather have a cable and better user experience in both cases than a wireless half functioning headphone/headset.

Thanks for any update, many of the previous message are about QC30. At least progress from the enginers team after the latest update which is now more than a month out! 

PS: Sure the Noice Cancelation level (Off, Low, high) works but not on the effect described above.

Mutnat
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@Bryc3 wrote:

I cannot imagine what a call in a really noisy environment is then.  

@Bryc3 "completely unusable" is how I would describe it.

Bryc3 wrote: 

Is there any update about it so far?

@Bryc3 sadly, no.  Bose has gone radio-silent on the matter. 

@Bryc3 wrote:

Thanks for any update, many of the previous message are about QC30.  

@Bryc3 same problem for both models

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
JefferyYam
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 13, 2017

I have the same issue, already on my 3rd pair on QC30s and sometimes the mic doesnt even work well in quiet environments. Shall be patient and lets hope that they can solve this problem asap

edwardgonen
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2017

As much as I loved the noise cancellation and the excellent sound, I had to return my QC30 to the store :(. Communication is a lion's portion of my daily usage and it just does not work. I even considered to keep the QC30 as an additional pair for inbound audio only... But this, a kind of, kills the whole sense of mobility... Too bad. Such a promising product fails on something significantly simpler, from the technical standpoint, as microphone. I say it is much simpler because many lesss advanced products excells Bose in the microphone while nobody stands close to Bose's ANC... 

cmecka
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Purchased a set of QC30 for myself, I travel regularly on 15 hr flights so i wanted something comfortable to sleep in. was impressed with the noise cancelling performance and the comfort. My puppy chewed up my fiance's LG pair right before a trip to europe. she regularly uses as a headset on pretty much every call she makes. so i thought i would surprise her with a set. She loved them for about 12 hrs until she realized how horrible the call quality is for the anyone on the other line. The last time she used them I could hear birds chirping so loud that i assumed she was outside standing next to a bird feeder. I asked her to go inside to learn that she was in our bedroom with the door closed 10ft or more away from the window and did not even notice the birds sounds until i mentioned it because they were so soft. I just had to switch to a handset because a delivery truck 300 yards away was backing up. the person on the other end of the line asked if i was next to it because it was deafening. Its abilty to amplify background noise is almost impressive if it didnt kill the ise of the product. I would like Bose to explain to me how this is such a tough issue when bluetooth and wired headsets since the early 2000s have been able to solve this issue with no problem. She never had this problem with her $70 LG set, I mean the **bleep** free headphones that come with apple or samsung products dont have this issue. With a name like Bose and a price tag of $300 you expect some product testing before release and some acknowledgement of the issue. Very dissapointed deeply considering returning both sets.