Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Re: QC35 and QC30 for communications

Hi, 

Did anyone tried new QC35 series II, do you know if they have similar issue as QC35 and QC30 with calls quality? 

Thanks! 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: QC35 for communications

Hi @HerdingCats

Thanks for writing.  Given your history with the technology, I'm sure you'll find this interesting.

Enjoy!

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

Is this problem solved with the new update?
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2017

Hi there,

I've got a Bose QC35 1 week ago and today I've used them for a Skype call. The result was terrible!

It's picked all the background noise and the customer I was speaking with complained a lot!

Is there any specific solution for that or should I simply send my headphones back?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@MisaBey unfortunately, I'd suggest you return them ASAP if ability to make or receive calls (including Skype and other VoIP calls) using the headphones is important to you. 

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2017

Struggling with this issue as well! I spend 50% of my day in conference calls. Muting and unmuting is becoming a pain. Worse, while on mute the microphone is picking up my mechanical keyboard clicks and background noise and adjusting the gain. When I come off mute I am stupidly loud and make everyone jump :(.

They're just unusable for calls, which is gutting as I saved hard and waited especially for the QC35iis. Apart from this major flaw, I love them :(.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2017

I am also struggling with this issue.

I purchased the QC35's just a few weeks ago, now to find out not only that series ll are now out but also the fact that I cannot even have a conversation in any environment that's not a quiet room.

For example, the other day I was walking to Uni and found it impossible to talk to a client on the phone because all I could hear was the noises of cars and trucks driving past on the road next to me. (100x louder then my own voice)

Please provide a fix for this issue otherwise please lead me in the direction to whom I can contact regarding a replacement and/or refund??

When you're paying top dollar for a premium set of headphones, this is simply unacceptable. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2017

I'd also like to comment on this issue in hopes that the more feedback Bose gets the stronger the message that this microphone functionality should be addressed by a software update in order for the headphones to be used with calls effectively. The mic sensitivity means that anywhere but a completely quiet environment is way too much background noise. The irony being that noise cancelling headphones are to reduce noise in a non-quiet environment... Never had this problem with any headset/mic I've ever used, let alone these advanced $400 headphones. I am commenting based on my ownership of QC35 and QC35 II, so the new ones don't address this even though I desparately hoped so.

Also, hearing my keyboard keystrokes as if the sound is located in your inner ear is probably the most random annoyance!

edit title: Previously QC35 and QC30 for communications. We have split the QC30 conversation in a new thread.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2017

Hi,

I think that I can cautiously report some good and bad news on this issue. A week ago I've purchased the new QC35 II set (after a really bad experience with QC30 that I had to return to the seller). The good news is that I had quite a few calls and conferences and so far nobody complained about the sound quality. I admit that I didn't do that in a really noisy environment but had calls from home, car and airports and everything went well. I have also tried the "old" QC35 as well and the quality was terrible. So, apparently, something improved, and in order to get that improvement you have to move to the "II" model. The bad news for the old QC35 owners is that in order to get that improvement you need to find a financially resonable way to replace them with the II model. 

Again - it is only my experience after a week of using II but so far so good.

Highlighted
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@edwardgonen interesting development!

Yeah I'm a bit confused.  Read the sound guys review of the QC35 II this morning, and they said that nothing had changed other than the addition of the button and they seem to have fixed the rattle that happens with loud bass-heavy music on the original model.  Yet in the same review they say the headphones won't let you down for phone calls (or something similar to that, might have been different phrasing), which I found to be contradictory to the statement that nothing else had changed.

I'd be curious to hear from additional series 2 owners to hear if this really HAS been addressed or not.  @ST is there anything you can add, as to whether anything mic/call related was changed from original QC35 to series 2?

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!