vijayxtreme
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

Re: QC35 and QC30 for communications

Just bought the QC35 IIs yesterday at Best Buy.  As soon as I put them on and started working, I was surprised by noise coming in through my headphones.   Like everyone else said on this forum, the headphones' mic seems to amplify noises in the room (such as my typing/keystrokes, people coughing), even though ironically they are supposed to cancel the ambient noises.  I was on this forum actually hoping there was a solution in place to either disable the mic or at least a firmware fix to make the issue go away.   Seems like there isn't a fix, so I guess I'll be returning this instead.  What a bummer!

Also just a heads up: I tried to update the firmware (from this post) https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/Wireless-Headphones-Firmware-Updates-Available/m-p..., however the mic is still picking up all the noise (I was trying to use Adobe Premiere to edit a video and kept getting distracted by family members talking).  

dilberto
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 28, 2017

Something has changed since the most recent update. I work in a quiet environment & my call quality is now awful with QC35's. It sounds incredibly choppy & robotic, as if there is a latency issue or similar. I've had people on the other end complain that my side sounds awful, so I assume the call quality issues are mutual.

I'm using $5 earbuds underneath heapdhones I paid $350 USD for <12 months ago. Ridiculous.

Please investigate and fix it, its occuring on every call I make.

asterios_polyp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 28, 2017

I have the problem too @vijayxtreme with my QC35 and I agree that there should be a feature to disable the mic. I'm using this headphone mainly for listening on the plane. It's very frustrating when I am on ANC and still able to hear clearly baby's crying or people chatting around me because I consider this as a noise. I feel like I've made a terrible decision purchasing QC35. I hope Bose engineers are reading this and taking our feature request seriously.

cabellooa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

I am in an office enviorement, QC35 II works great just for listening, when I need to speak I can hear amplified all the keys that are being pressed in the keyboard from people acroos the room I am at. The people on the other side of the conference hears everything and can't hear my voice.

Are you currently working on fixing all these issues people are reporting?

Is it going to be fix on a new firmware release?

It appears based on another treats you have same issue on QC30, Pulse Sounds sports etc.

OC

keyshore80
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

I experience the exact same problem while on a phone call, be in WebEx or a regular phone call in the office. Background noices get pick up by QC35 series II headset even from a distance. Today I was talking to my friend was driving and the background noises from the car driving were so terrible that I had to hang up. Awful experience 😞 

Loved bose for their music quality and NC technology but this is truly disappointing. 

srg_ b
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

@STPlease update this community about the current status of this issue, or direct us towards the appropriate person to enquire further. I personaly will not tolerate further delays, as the issue cripples headset's office use.

moderator edit - removed threatening text

Community Manager

Hello, @srg_ b

It appears from your previous posts, that you are writing about the QC35 you received about a month ago.  It appears from your post, QC35 do not meet your needs. Please return them.  If you are outside the return period then, please contact your local Bose Support office.

You can follow this link to Bose product support for your area 

Click your country, then scroll down until you see local contact information.

Thank you.

ST

Highlighted
Robertpetry
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

@srg_ b

I do not work for, represent or have any connections to Bose other than as a customer. 

Fist, this is not the correct thread for the QC 30, if that is the headset you own.  We can not tell as you did not state which you have.  This is the updated QC30 thread:  https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/QC30-for-Communication/td-p/68866 

As far as the QC 30 goes, we have our answer.   There is almost no chance that the phone call issues will be resolved. The response from Bose is to contact support and they will offer you solutions.   Anyone waiting for other options is wasting time and energy. 

While there is no definitive word from Bose, but the fact is that the headphones have been out for more than a year, they have taken returns and completed a review of the performance issues, acknowledged that there is a issue, and are offering other products, etc, through support.  

I think we have the answer.  If this is not the solution for you, I suggest you call support and not threaten a social media war.  That likely won’t solve your problem either. 

srg_ b
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

I have QC35.

@STCan you direct me to the appropriate Bose support channel please? I live in Serbia, which is not listed here . Product specific page does not list a contact address. I bought the headset on Black Friday, November 24, and cannot return it to the retailer anymore.

Community Manager

Hi @srg_ b,

I would try contacting the retailer to see if they will accept the return.

If that doesn't work, you can try this Bose office.

https://www.bose.hu/hu_hu/index.html

Thanks,

ST