Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salim
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

QC35, bluetooth and firmware

Hi,

I just got a QC35. Its firmware version is 1.0.6. On an Archos Diamond S (under Android 5.1), it works well with wire, but with bluetooth I have some issues, namely with .wma files: I have some intermittent cuts. All works well with .mp3 files. Note also that everything works fine when I connect it by bluetooth to a Bose SoudLink Mini.
I have upgraded the firmware to 1.3.4: the sound by bluetooth now just does not work. It connects, I can hear some parts of the music but I mainly hear nothing. I tried with every firmware between 1.0.6 (excepted) and 1.3.4: I have the same problem.

Now I rolled back to 1.0.6 so everything work, except the original problems as .wma. Do you have a solution? Thank for your answers.

P.S. I did not install the Bose Connect app (it gave me some problems with a first upgrade 1.0.6 > 1.3.4). Moreover, in 1.0.6 or 1.3.4 everything works fine with two other phones (Wiko and Lumia).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: QC35, bluetooth and firmware

Author Accepted Answer selected by Salim

Hi @Salim,

I have an update for you!  So our engineers looked into this in depth for you and have found that unfortunately, this is a more device-specific issue so in terms of the QC35s we don't have any other steps that we can take at this time. We do recommend updating the firmware on your phone where it is a bit outdated.  

I hope that this helps give you some resolution!  Thank you for being a part of the community and for your patience while we loooked into this. 

Warmest regards,

Shiloh 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Adamk
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 27, 2017

On iphone, the connection is flakey unless you use the app to connect. It may be the same for android?

I use the app to connect the first time and it is then fine.

Salim
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I tried twice to first connect with the Bose app (with firmware 1.0.6 and 1.3.4), but the same problem arose (problem with .wma in 1.0.6 and complete mess in 1.3.4, with or without ANR). I also reseted the phone, but it changed nothing. Note that the QC35 works perfectly with two other phones I could get (one under Windows 10 mobile and the other one on Android 6).

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey Salim,

Thanks so much for reaching out.  This is really interesting, it sounds like something is going on with your particular phone.  Is it rooted?  Does the performance of the QC 35s vary based on the battery level?  

I have a couple troubleshooting steps we can try out:

Reset:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Clear the Pairing List:

To do this just slide the power switch all the way to the right towards the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there until you hear a voice prompt letting you know that the list is cleared, this should take about 10 seconds.  At this point make sure to remove your headphones from your device's paired list too, then reestablish the connection and test it out.

Does this vary based off of what app you're using?  Could you test it out using different apps like Spotify or Google Music?  This could show that it's an issue with the app.

I know that's a lot of questions but I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to the community.  Swing by and give me an update whenever you can.  

I hope that you have a wonderful day and a restful weekend!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

Salim
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. The phone is not rooted. Now the battery of the phone is at 45% (QC35 100%) and the problem occurs. I already tried the reset of the QC35 and clearing the pairing list, it did not change anything.

I encounter the problem with the apps VLC, Deezer, YouTube (and certainly many others). Note that with VLC, I have the problem for .wma files but not for .mp3. With Poweramp it works better, but not perfectly. Everything works with a podcast app (Podcast addict).

Everything above is for the firmware 1.0.6 on the QC35. Nothing works with 1.3.4 (I only hear some “glitches” of the music, .wma or .mp3).

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey Salim,

Thanks so much for getting me that information.  What I have done is escalated this up to engineering to get an answer for you on what is causing this.  I will keep you posted as I have updates for you!

I hope that you have a lovely evening.

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

Salim
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

Hi,

Thank you! In the meanwhile I use the wire connection 😉

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Salim

Hi @Salim,

I have an update for you!  So our engineers looked into this in depth for you and have found that unfortunately, this is a more device-specific issue so in terms of the QC35s we don't have any other steps that we can take at this time. We do recommend updating the firmware on your phone where it is a bit outdated.  

I hope that this helps give you some resolution!  Thank you for being a part of the community and for your patience while we loooked into this. 

Warmest regards,

Shiloh 

View solution in original post

Salim
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for your answer! Unfortunately I cannot upgrade the firmware on the phone. However, I did upgraded the firmware of the QC35, I use the wire with the phone and bluetooth for other devices and this works well 🙂

Regards.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Salim,

Fantastic, thank you so much and we'll let you know if anything changes.

Take care,

Shiloh