mesencephalon
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

QC35 bluetooth connection problem for iOS 11

My QC35 used to work flawless before i installed ios 11 to my iphone SE but it disconnects and automatically connects again to the phone 2-3 times in one hour. It happens in seconds but this issue interrupts my music experience. Same thing happens when i try to watch some video on instagram. It disconnects when i press play and then connects automatically in seconds and plays the video. It is very frustrating. I upgraded the firmware to the latest version but the problem is still there. Is there anyone faced with this problem, or anyone with a solution?

13 REPLIES 13
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: QC35 bluetooth connection problem for iOS 11

Hi mesencephalon,

Thanks for joining the Bose Community. I'm sorry you're having trouble with Bluetooth on IOS 11. There are updates to IOS 11 to IOS 11.01 and IOS 11.02. I've heard that some of the Bluetooth issues were addressed in 11.01, but you might want to do some reading on the web to decide if you want to do the update.

If you do the update please let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

ST

mesencephalon
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

Hi ST,

I already use iOS 11.02, the latest version of iOS. I have used 11, 11.01 and 11.02 but the problem remains in all ios 11 versions.

Thanks

mesencephalon

jonathanjong
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2017

I have a similar problem. After updating to iOS11, I have conenctivity issues, but also my middle bottom has essentially stopped working.

FSE
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2017

I am having the same problem as well.  The headphones are not worthless and will not work.  Your solution is "youmay what to check before I download the IOS update?"  Are you serious?  How was I supposed to anticiapte that problem.  Sadly, I am now done with Bose products.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi all,

I wanted to jump in here because I have had this exact connectivity issue with QC35s and my iPhone 7 running iOS 11.  With the subsequent 3 updates that Apple released the issues that I experienced have been lessening in frequency and severity, I'm sorry to hear that that is not the case for your issues, I definitely understand how frustrating it is.

When I first updated to iOS 11 my phone was nearly unusable, my screen froze constantly, could not maintain a Bluetooth connection, some of my apps were being deleted etc.  Most of those issues have been resolved it seems, however, I do still have some issues with Bluetooth connectivity across several platforms including the QC35s, my car's Bluetooth, & JayBird BlueBud X's.  My phone will disconnect or not pair properly when prompted if I pause my music sometimes the audio will cease upon pressing play.

To help remedy these issues both short-term and long-term I tried a smattering of basic troubleshooting techniques which include, resetting the headphones, rebooting my phone, clearing the pairing list on the headphones and establishing a new connection, unpairing and repairing devices, and turning Bluetooth off and on.  I will include the steps for clearing the pairing list and the reset below for you in case you want to give them a try or haven't already.  I had the most success with turning Bluetooth off and on and rebooting my phone.

Reset:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Clearing Pairing List:

1. Turn the headset on
  2. Slide and hold the power switch to the right to the Bluetooth symbol for 10 seconds or until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared"

Something that I strongly considered was rolling back the firmware to a version of iOS 10 and I decided to wait it out to see how these issues improve, I did some research and found a good article on how to roll back, I know it's inconvenient but it would be worth a try, just in case you're interested here it is.  

I hope that some of these steps help resolve some of these issues for you all so you can enjoy our QC35s.

Drop by and give me updates whenever you can & good luck,

Shiloh_C

BobK
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

I am experiencing the exact same problem.  I could listen for hours without a problem then all of a sudden the headphone disconnects and reconnects to my iPhone 6 plus.  Whatever I was listening to fails to resume unless I manually start it again.  I had to disable the voice prompts due to the extreme annoyance (and lack of volume control).  Prior to iOS 11 (and all current updates) this only happened when I wandered just a bit too far from the phone, as one would expect.  I listen to my headphones at work and in bed all night to to minimize distraction from background noise.  When I am sleeping and the connection is lost I have to wake up and reconnect and sometimes grab the phone to restart what I was listening to.  This is actually affecting my health.  I was so pleased with these headphones until this started happening.

Bob

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi Bob,

Thank you for joining the conversation.  I hear your concerns, as I said above, I can relate to the frustration here.  I know that it is a lot of work to do, but I would truly recommend looking into rolling back your iOS to a previous version until more of these bugs are resolved.  I linked an article in my above post the walks you through the process.  I'm glad to hear that prior to this update you were really enjoying the headphones and I want you to be able to get the most out of your experiences with them again, which rolling back your iOS could certainly help with.

I will keep you all apprised as I learn any new information as I'm watching these issues on my phone as well.  

Thank you,

Shiloh_C

mesencephalon
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

My bluetooth connection problem also solved with this solution.

Here is the link!

Re: QC35 Facebook and Instagram Video Bluetooth Co...

Bdhor
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2018

Similar issue except my volume jumps from low to high or vice versa completely randomly. Tried replacing the phone, and did, but having same issues.