tedlasai
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2017

QC35 can't accept calls when connected to two devices

When I am connected to BOTH my macbook and iphone 6s then I can't accept calls with the qc35 headphones. I am able to accept calls when only connected to my iphone 6s. Please tell me how to fix this.

4 REPLIES 4
Henrik D
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2017

Re: QC35 can't accept calls when connected to two devices

I have the same issue when iPhone 6S and iPad Air2 are both connected. When trying to answer I hear a single beep and nothing more. When I disconnect the iPad however I am able to answer, so it seems as when pushing the button to answer the headset does not know which unit to reply on?

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi folks,

You've come to the right place, I'm here to help.  I'd like to try 2 steps here.  I'd suggest starting with the reset, I have included the steps for this below: 

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

After you have completed the reset I'd recommend clearing the paired device list.  To clear the list you'll want to slide the power switch all the way to the right towards the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for about 10 seconds.  You should hear a voice prompt notifying you the list is cleared - at which point make sure to delete and forget the headphones from your device's paired lists.  Once you have done this, try reestablishing the connections again and test it out.

I hope this helps - let me know how it goes?

Have a great night,

Shiloh_C 

tedlasai
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2017

That didn't work either. I have a suspicion that this is happening because I have call forwarding activated. It doesn't know where to pick the call up from( the mac or the phone).

However, I used to own bose soundlink II headphones( I just upgraded). Those would deal with this situation fine and prioritize the phone. Then the phone would be used to pick up the call. I wonder why this is not the case.

Please let me know on any other troubleshooting steps.

Henrik D
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2017

Hi again,

Exactly the same for me, and I think the cause as mentioned is the call forwarding, the headset seems not to be able to handle that.

I tested to disconnect my iPad and connect to my Lenovo Laptop at the same tima as I was connected to my iPhone, then it worked to answer by pressing the button on the headset.

Then I tested to connect again to my iPad together with my iPhone, disabled the "Calls from iPhone" under FaceTime seeting on my iPad, but kept FaceTime setting active itself, and tested dialing to my iPhone. Then it again worked to answer using the button on the headset.

So in conclusion, it works great as long as call forwarding is not active, and to me it seems the headset receives the call from both connected units and cannot decide which one to answer, and then simply answers neither.

If it would be possible to determine which unit is the phone, then I would suggest to connect to that, since that unit is most likely to be carried along if moving during the call, but best would be to add an option to let the user set the standard unit to answer calls from in this case.

Kind regards,

Henrik D