QC35 crackling/static

Quiet Contributor

Re: QC35 crackling/static

Hey,

As any solution was found by resetting or updating software, I came back to my reseller and asked for a fix. Three weeks after I got new headphones and up to now no issue has raised with them.

Case is closed for me!

Silent Starter

BLUETOOTH

I have discovered that if I turn my head to the left about 90 degrees, I can get consistent audio output from the computer. Which is not very productive while trying to work on a computer. I think it is an issue with the location of the bluetooth modems on each device. My other bluetooth headphones work without issue on my 2015 Macbook pro, but not by Bose QC35's. My QC35's however work on all my other devices, so I am having to settle for the frustration of using the aux cable for my quite expensive bluetooth headphones.

Audible Advocate

I think I figured it out. 

For Windows operating systems, go to "sounds" and click the "playback" tab. You should see two entries for your Bose Bluetooth headphones; one will say "Headset" and the other will say "Headphones."

The "Headset" entry is what is giving you the tinny sound that you hear. It appears to be trying to activate your computer mic. The "Headphones" needs to be set to Deafult Device (not Default Communication Device, just your Default Playback Device). 

Once I did that, I disabled, and then disconnected, the "Headset" entry while leaving the "Headphones" entry still on. Nothing changed (still hearing the tinny sound and not hearing music) so I power-cycled the headphones. When turning them back on, the Headset entry was re-enabled, so I disbaled and disconnected it again, and now my headphones work via the Headphone entry. Works perfectly.

I'm the furthest from computer savvy as possible but this worked for me!

Vocal Volunteer

@Knight_of_Avalon @bhall005 @westinrc @Parisian_guy @sbrock12 If the problem you are having noise is about the Handsfree or the headset and not the headphone. The problem is exactly this: "Sidetone"

https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/Request-Option-to-disable-and-enable-sidetone/td-p...

Thanks,
Marcel M.
Quiet Contributor

It's because your headphones are picking up every noise around you, to disable the crackling, go to "sound" on your windows laptop and make sure everything is set to Headphones and not Headset. That way the crackling stops, not sure if the microphone works in this mode though. 

Silent Starter

Hi. I just want to say I had the same issue and I fixed it by turning off Google assistant function.
Silent Starter

wait you had to open up your laptop? As to expose the motherboard? 

I try everything I do not know how to fix this issue, funny thing is only with laptop my iphone works just fine...

So to me it has to do with settings or driver issues or something else. pretty sure is not a hardware issue so getting a replacement will not solve anything.