rguimbala
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 30, 2017

QC35 idea disable noise cancelling using buttons

Now that we have the possibility to  disable noise cancelling using the app, it will be awesome if we can do this using the buttons in the headphone. Maybe if we hold de - volume we can disabe and holding + to enable it again.

Regards

Rafael

22 REPLIES 22

Re: QC35 idea disable noise cancelling using buttons

Hey rguimbala,

Thank you for posting!  That is a great suggestion, we appreciate it your feedback.  You certainly have a great idea because on the recently released QC35 Series II we have actually engineered a new action button on the left cup that can be programmed to control either Google Assistant and Siri or the ANC level. We will keep this in mind for future updates for the Series I and I will pass that along for you.

How are you liking your QC35s?

Thanks again and have a great day!

Shiloh_C

powerslave
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 13, 2017

Yeah,hope your not going to forgot us with the first ones.

Theres more of us than them 😂

rguimbala
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 30, 2017

I really enjoy my QC35s, but not so happy regarding the new model since I bought my only 3 months ago. And I really dont like the idea to have an extra button for things that can implement in the 3 buttons that the phone already have, much more simpler. It seem that is more marketing related strategy that new developments.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Rafael

matthew2811
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2017

I have a related query. I am interested in the QC35-II because of the ability to change the ANC settings. However, reading the instructions it appears that the button is by default set for Google Assistant and has to be changed with the smartphone app to control the ANC settings. I do not have a smartphone, I want the headphones for at home and the office.

I have seen that there is a windows program that can be downloaded to update the firmware but no windows program equivalent to the app.

Am I correct in saying that without the phone app to change the button settings I would not be able to change the ANC levels on the headphones. Also say a friend with an iphone downloaded the app, is changing the setting so that the switch controls the ANC levels rather than the default Google Assistant a one time change, that I could do once on somebody else's phone, or does the setting need to be changed frequently, ie, everytime the headphones are switched on, every time there is a firmware update?

Thanks.

matthew2811
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2017

I have a related query in that I am interested in the QC35-II because of the ability to change the ANC settings. However, reading the instructions it appears that the button is by default set for Google assistant and has to be changed with the smartphone app to control the ANC settings. I do not have a smartphone, I want the headphones for at home and the office.

I have seen that there is a windows program that can be downloadedfor updating the firmware but not a program equivalent to the phone app for changing settings.

Am I right in thinking that without the app to alter the default setting from the Google Assistant to the ANC settings, I will not be able to use the ANC settings?

Hi matthew2811,

Thanks for reaching out and that is an excellent question.  So I believe that if there is no smartphone for the headphones to pair with the action button will default to ANC toggle settings instead of Google Assistant.  The only way to program the Action button is through the app but like I said, I believe that it would default to ANC.  

I hope this helped answer your question and let me know if you need anything else,

Shiloh_C 

matthew2811
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2017

Hello Shiloh,

Thanks for the reply. (Sorry for asking twice, I thought I had accidently cancelled the first post).

I had read the full instuction manual for the headphones and found them a little unclear as to which was the default behaviour out of the box. So to be clear, are you saying that if I take a pair of the headphones out of the box and press the action button I will by default be able to switch the ANC through high-low-off?

Matthew

Hi @matthew2811

I checked with some coworkers and it seems that when the headphones are taken out of the box they will default to the Google Assistant so without a smartphone or tablet to access the Connect app there is no way to adjust the Action Button function.

I apologize for the confusion and I hope that this helps answer your question.

Thank you and have a great day!

Shiloh_C 

matthew2811
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2017

Hello Shiloh,

Thank you for the reply. That was what I was concerned about.

Scouring the forum and reading the reviews and instructions I found a little ambiguous or contradictory. (Such as here: https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/Bose-Connect-App-5-0-Available-September-21/m-p/72...

Capture.PNG

I will have to look for some different headphones. It was the excellent noise cancelling reputation and comfort of the Bose product that had interested me because I wanted to be wearing them at work in front of my computer for long periods at a time. But I also wanted to have the option to reduce or cancel the NC when the surroundings allowed.

I hope you won't mind me saying that that seems a little contrary. The principal feature of the noise cancelling headphones, the ability to control the noise cancelling feature, doesn't actually work on the product out of the box. One needs another company's product, a smart phone, to be able to enable your very expensive headphones to actually work. surely the out of the box default should be that your product actually works by itself, and people who want to use the Google Connect feature, an excellent aditional feature for those able to use it, can just swap the button function over themselves.