Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2017

Re: QC35 idea disable noise cancelling using buttons

It really is a great suggestion. Being able to adjust ANC level without Bose Connect would certainly be really nice (and necessary) for those who primarily use QC35s with PCs and older mobile devices without the app.
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2017

Well, sadly, the series 1 QC35 doesn’t have an action button. Currently the only way to control ANC level is through the app.

And even on the QC35 II, you cannot adjust ANC level with the action button if you set it to Google Assistant, right? Implementing another way to adjust ANC level on-device would benefit both QC35s and QC35IIs.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2018

Having just bought a pair of the qc35-ii I'd like to second the idea of having anc level control added to the volume buttons - the action button is great but it's really annoying that I can either have the ability to use Google assistant or change the anc without accessing my phone since often I want to do both in the same journey - e.g. Getting off the train and start walking -> turn anc off, then call someone shortly afterwards
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2018

I recently updated the QC35 software to version 1.3.4 but I suspect this was for the "newer" version of the headphone? The update provided the Off/Lo/Hi noise reduction, but there is no mechanism to enable it on these phones. I see others have mentioned this.

Why not map the Multifunction button with something like Press-6-and-Hold (for tone), then use Up/Down buttons to select NR level? Similar mapping schemes are already used for other functions. The QC35 does not need a separate function button.

Since this can be enabled in the app, perhaps you can make the app for Windows phones or the PC?

I have not noticed a change in the NR, so hopefully the update left it at the default value. All-in-all, I really like these phones--lightweight, comfortable, pairing to devices is a snap, and the sound quality is superb (for me, that is...). 😉

As for the app, why?? Windows and PC, too, please.

Compatible OS versions

• Android: 5.0 and up
  • iOS: 9.0 and later
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey folks,

Thank you all for adding your voices to the mix, I will be sure to add your names to the feature request.  

Thanks so much for being a part of the community! 

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2018

Hi  Shiloh_C,

I am pretty happy with my QC35 series I, and it would be great if Bose could make an update to engineer the functionality of changing ANC levels to the volumes and multifunction button already on the right of the headphone QC35 I.

Dont be that marketing jerks, not good for the long run of the company.  People will hesitate whenever they want to buy something from Bose because they are afraid of another newer thing may come out anytime and previous buyers are simply forgotten...  Don't forget us...  Add me to your list of requesters for this functionality... Please...  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2017

Well in the end I did buy a pair of the QC35 series II because I tried another pair of noise cancelling headphones from another big manufacturer but found them uncomfortable for the amount of time I would need to be wearing them while sat in front of, and listening to and concentrating on my computer for work.

I had thought that not having a smart phone, I still like my Blackberry, I would just settle for having the noise cancelling on all the time as discussed over a couple of posts earlier in this thread, but the new Action button DID actually operate the noise cancelling straight out of the box after all which was a pleasant surprise.

The firmware is version 2.01. I think I am going to stick with that as everything works as I like it. All in all I am finding the headphones are comfy and work well for me. Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2018

As a follow-up to my post above, I had a friend download the app to his Android phone and pair with my QCI. It turns out that the default setting for the noise cancelling after the update was HIGH. We tested the 3 different settings and the app and QCI responded at it should; OFF , LOW, HIGH. Just wish the function would be available in the Multifunction switch, or make the dang app for Windows phones. It's not like there are only 1 or 2 out there, ya know? 🙂

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2017

Hi,

I am double posting so that hopefully this can get more exposure and we can actually get this done correctly like it should have been done in the first place..

Regarding the ANC toggle and persistance option after shutdown. I think two things can be done with ease here.

1. Option to toggle persistant ANC settings on or off within the phone app. This is simple to do.

2. For those who have the original QC35, using the on/pair toggle switch on the right earcup to toggle between ANC modes.

To elaborate on point 2, currently on of my biggest issues is that I need to go into the phone app and manually change it every time, this takes way too much time and effort. Because the original QC35 set doesnt have the dedicated action button, we need to use another button. I think the least used button on the QC35 is the on/pairing button. If we can add a toggle in the phone app to allow us to use the on/paring button to toggle through the ANC settings that would be great! It would make the QC35s infinately easier to use and would compensate for not having the dedicated action button. 

Most people dont need to change ANC settings all the time and would prefer to leave it at a single setting. Using the power button toggle to make the changes would be great. 

Alternatively, we could double tap volume up or down to scroll through the ANC settings. 

You could also implement this by making the user hold in the middle button (play/puses/skip) for an arbitary number of seconds, say 5 seconds. This will then put the buttons into a different mode where by pressing volume up or down we can toggle ANC on or off. Pressing the middle button again will switch modes back.

At this point I will take any hardware button solution but I honestly think using the on/paring toggle would work perfectly for the original QC35 owners. These options will also allow th eQC35 II to use both google assistant AND the ANC toggle features without having to pair a phone. I dont want to pair my phone, I want to use them with my PC and at the moment I cannot. I cannot turn off ANC while using the headphones wired and this is a massive issue.