Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: QC35 ii - can't pause music from headphones

Hi there, HerrBensen!

Thanks for joining the conversation.

To clarify, is it the Action Button (on the left earcup) that isn't functioning or is it the multifunction button (middle button on the right earcup)? 

Are the headphones able to connect to your phone and play music, it's just the controls that are acting up?

Let's try a reset:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

I hope that you're enjoying your day!

Take care,

Shiloh 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2018

I had the same problem with my QC35 II headphones.  They worked fine when I bought them in Januarary, but something happened and the Pause/Skip functions quit working.

After scouring this message board I was able to find a resolution to the Pause/Skip function:

Make sure to program the "Action" button to control the "Sound Cancelation" level NOT the "Google Assistant".  When the "Action" button is programmed as "Google Assistant" the Pause/Skip function does not work, but in the "Sound Cancelation" mode the Pause/Skip functions work.

The "Google Assistant" function, however has never worked on these headphones.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Had the same problem with my Note 8! I could only rewind track with 3 clicks, no pause of forward track! Fix above didnt work, and I managed to get it working by connecting to my mates Pixel Phone which tested fine then repaired with the Note and now it works for now!!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Take that back, stopped working a few minutes later! But all seems well after updating the Headphones Firmware to Version 2.5.1

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2018

This recommendation worked for me - at least for now. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Hey,

My headphones are doing the same exact thing. I have an Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. My play/pause button doesn't work. The skip/rewind works sometimes and the volume buttons are fine. It works fine for the most part with my laptop. The skip/rewind didn't work a 1/5 times but everything else worked fine. However, that's not the case with my phone. The only thing that works consistantly are the volume buttons. I tried the troubleshooting above but that didn't work.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello dbattle1225,

Thank you for writing in your experience, sorry to hear that. Also, thank you for having tried all the troubleshooting too!

At this point, it sounds like your headset could be defective. I would recommend that you contact your local Bose Support so they can help with your service/exchange options. 

HERE is a link to get contact information. Just select your region, scroll down and click "contact us". 

Let me know how everything works out when you get the chance.

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

I can confirm that changing the action button  from Google Assistant to control noise cancelling level fixed my play/pause button problem. For some reason, one and two pushes (play & next) didn't work but three (back) did work. Please fix this Bose! I purposely bought these over the standard QC35s for the extra functionality.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Hi team,

I appear to have the same issues with my Quiet Control 30 earphones, they have worked for the months I have had them but now can't start/stop/skip music any more.

I have done the earphone reset but no luck, any more suggestions?

Ben
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi there, Munklefishkin!

Thank you for reaching out to the community!  I'm sorry to hear that your QC30s are having this issue.  

I would recommend reaching out to customer support, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Support will be able to help you from there.

Take care and have a lovely weekend,

Shiloh - Community Support