Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yesilpelikan
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

QC35 ii won't reconnect to iPhone 6

Hello,

I am using win 10 and iPhone 6 simultaneously on my QC 35 ii. sometimes I turn off QC35 ii or it shuts itself off when I am not listening/taking a break. When I turn QC35 ii back on, it automatically reconnects win 10 but not iPhone. I have to manually reconnect it from Bose Connect App almost everytime. However, it reconnects rarely itself, almost 1 in 10 times. 

All software is the latest versions and I cleared Bluetooth list from my headphone, computer, and the phone. Started a new setup. 

Also, this issue persists when there is no computer involved. 

Is there anybody experiencing this issue?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC35 ii won't reconnect to iPhone 6

Hi yesilpelikan,

Thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear about your experience. Have you tried resetting your headphones? 

Check for any restrictions on your iPhone that will not let Bluetooth devices connect automatically when in range? 

Here are the steps to reset your headphones:

• Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  • Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  • Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Let us know when you get the chance. 

Thank you again!

Mohsin - Community Support

yesilpelikan
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

Hello  Mohsin,

I didn't reset my headphone but I don't think that is the solution. I suspect it is something with the phone but I couldn't figure it out. I couldn't find any settings on the phone restricts reconnection. I hope somebody in the community has experience with this.

Caner

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@ yesilpelikan Thank you for the update. Resetting the headphones is not a troubleshooting step that is often required to perform, but it is as if you are rebooting like a computer. Try reaching out to Apple Support if you believe it is related to the phone as you might be able to come up with other ideas.

Try testing by pairing with just the iPhone. Please clear the headphones first by removing the previously paired devices. Experiment if your QC35 will re-establish a Bluetooth connection with your iPhone when you're within range. 

Anyone from the community, please feel free to chime in with your experience!

Thank you again,

Mohsin