Treaves
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

QC35 iis mic and stereo on PC (WIN 10)

Hi,

So I'm trying to get a wireless bluetooth connection established with my PC running Windows 10. I am specifically attempting to use both mic and stereo output simultaneously on my QC35s.

My current situation is that in my PC bluetooth menu, I am able to see two devices for my QC35 iis. My understanding is that one of these is for hands free (includes mic and lower quality audio) and the other is for stereo output. I've read other forum posts discussing this issue, and the general conclusion was that there is no way to get stereo output from the headphones while simultaneously using the microphone, as these features use different bluetooth channels etc, etc.

The problem that I have with this conclusion is that it's not true. While using my QC35s with my IPhone for a call, I am fully able to simultaneously watch and listen to other content using the stereo output of the headphones. To me, this indicates that the problem isn't with the QC35 hardware, but instead with how my PC is recieving the headphone's signal.

Is anyone aware of a solution for this problem (I'd assume it would look like finding a way to have windows 10 use the handsfree channel of the headphones as the microphone input only, while using the stereo channel as a sound output only).

Another more unrelated problem I've been having is with sound output lag while using the stereo bluetooth connection with my PC. Is this a problem others are experiencing? Can it be fixed with a different bluetooth adapter, or is it a problem with the QC35 hardware?

It's worth noting that I'm currently using a cheapo bluetooth adapter I got for between 5$ and 10$ on amazon.

3 REPLIES 3
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC35 iis mic and stereo on PC (WIN 10)

HI Treaves,

Thanks for reaching out.  It does sound like an issue with getting the headphones paired properly with the computer. I would encourage you to check out this page. 

How to Connect Bose QC35 Wireless Headphones to Laptop Windows 10

I would also encourage you to look at this post where we discuss some of the issues with using your headset with your computer.

Computer Related Informational Post

Let us know if any of that information was helpful.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Treaves
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

Hi Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my original post.

Unfortunately, none of the solutions you suggested address the problem I am having.

I am attempting to get the stereo output to the headphones working simultaneously with microphone input from them.

I understand that there are seperate channels used for both stereo and hands free. What I am saying is that both of these channels can be utilized simultaneously by my IPhone, so therefore the same should be true for my PC.

Has anyone been able to get stereo and microphone working simultaneously - specifically for PC gaming?

My other question is with respect to audio lag. I find that my headphones experience audio lag specifically when connected to my PC and was wondering if there is a known solution or at least a troubleshooting guide for this.

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Treaves

Thanks for the update!

As a PC gamer myself, I don't recommend using a Bluetooth headset for game play.  There typically is a delay due to the processing of the game itself.  In this case, the audio cable from the QC25 for Samsung should allow microphone communication and lag free audio as well.  The cable can be found HERE

You won't be able to get stereo audio and HFP at the same time.  Reason being, is even on a phone call with a mobile device, when the phone call come in, the BT profile switches automatically (you'll notice a change in ANR due to sidetone).  So they are not actively running at the same time.

Hope this helps!

Warm Regards,

Tony A