Scarlatescu
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

QC35 issues with macos sierra - sound pause on all sources

Hi, I have a very, very strange issue with QC35 connected on a MacBook Pro (macOS Sierra 10.12.3).

When playing iTunes and when a video starts on youtube or another site, for some reason, pausing the iTunes means pausing all sound on QC35 The same, sometimes pausing the sound from the QC35 controls means stopping not only iTunes but also the video (stream, not just sound).

The QC35 has the the 1.2.10 firmware at this point

Any ideeas?

28 REPLIES 28
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC35 issues with macos sierra - sound pause on all sources

scarlatescu

Thanks for reaching out. Have you experienced this issue with a different device like a smartphone or tablet? Trying to replicate the problem on multiple devices would aid in troubleshooting the issue.

Let us know

Tony

Scarlatescu
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Hi

I haven't used them so much in iOS, no issues there BUT at the same time, the posibility to use two or more apps with sond there is not so great as on the Mac.

Let me try for a day or two and get back to you on this!

Scarlatescu
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Hi again, absolutley no similar problem on any iOS device (iPhone 6s or iPad Air). So it's macos Sierra and latest firmware QC35 issue 😞

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@Scarlatescu

Because the headset pairs with your mobile devices it appears that the headphones are functioning properly. When pairing with computers, there are several variables to consider such as operating systems, bluetooth profiles, drivers, etc. Which can make it difficult. We find most of our users have success when pairing to mobile devices due to the consistency and more unified platforms. Any MacBook users experience the same issue and want to chime in?

Hope this helps.

Tony

Ryanrk
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2017

I'm having the exact same issue.   It's so annoying and it's making me want to not use them anymore.  It started happening with the latest update. 

So I'm paired to both my Mac OSX Sierra and my Iphone 6s.   If i'm listening to iTunes and I hit pause on the headphones it mutes all sounds from OSX.  If I unselect the q35 from my audio source on my iphone (so it's still connected by it will output to the phone) it still doesn't fix it.  I have to either disconnect my phone from Q35 or disconnect it from my OSX and reconnect.  If i hit the pause button on the headphones again iTunes will continue to play and I can hear sounds on OSX but if I hit pause again the same thing happens.  

It doen't seem like a Itunes specific issue,  the same thing happens to Spotify. 

Scarlatescu
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

@Tony_G it's not a connection problem but rather the way the products behaves after that. and @Ryanrk is correct it's not iTunes related, I think it's a matter of macos vs. QC35 firmware... and I am almost sure there's more of us 🙂

Should I revert to an older firmware? If so, how do I do that and what's the recommended firmware?

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

scarlatescu,

If you would like to revert to the old firmware HERE is a post with instructions on how to do so.

Ryanrk,

You experience this issue only on the MacBook? With both Spotify and ITunes?

Have either of you tried resetting the headset?

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

let us know if this helps

Tony

Scarlatescu
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

@Tony_G I will try to downgrade and let you know!

Scarlatescu
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

@Tony_G let's hope I don't speak too soon BUT downgrading the firmware did the trick!! 

So, apparently the next firware needs to solve some bug.

Can I help to send a log or someting (or maybe just the serial number of QC35)? If so, let me know how