dreamspy
Participant
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

Re: QC35 issues with macos sierra - sound pause on all sources

Have the headphones paired to my iPhone and my Android tablet without problems.

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

dreamspy,

Thanks for responding.  If the headphones function properly with the iPhone and Android tablet, that would point to an issue with the MacBook. Have you tried just clearing the pairing list from BOTH the MacBook and the headset and re pairing? We can start there and see if it works.

Let us know

Tony

julianmuller
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2017

Same issue here. I can get a consistent repro when the following happens:

- paired to iPhone & MacBook

- watching e.g. a youtube video on macbook, with Spotify open but paused

- get a call on iPhone

- once the call drops, it will automatically start playing Spotify on my MacBook

- Pausing Spotify at this point also mutes all other audio. I need to disconnect and reconnect several times before things are back to normal.

dreamspy
Participant
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

I reset the device list of the QX35 by holding in the power button for 10 seconds or so, and cleared my Macbook's bluetooth list.That did the trick actually. We'll see if it'll hold.

Thanks for the tip 

regards

Frímann

cm.smerglio
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2017

Hello,

Jumping in a bit late here, but I figured I would add my experience with this bug. I have the same problem as stated above, and it is super annoying when i open a news article with a video and it pauses everything else. Although where i can add info is on mobile. If im listening to music (ios 10.2.1) and say click on a FB video, it will mute everything. I have to close out of the video, and then play/ pause my music, and open the video again for it to sometimes work. Similar with youtube, if I stop the video and come back 5 minutes later I have to close the video and open it again for it to work. I am going to try software downgrade and see how that goes.

jglovier
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2017

Same issue here. This is very frustrating. Connected both to my iPhone and my Macbook Pro, and when I pause iTunes, all other audio mutes as well (including audio from YouTube or other apps in Chrome).

amvlad
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2017

Same issue here. Not with Itunes, but with Spotify on the latest firmware: 1.2.10.

Any solutions?

afkaraoglu
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2017

Are there any real solutions to this, yet? Here is the Spotify thread for the same issue: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Pausing-Spotify-mutes-music-sound-in-web-browser/td-p/1...

Ryanrk
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2017

The latest firmware for me seemed to have fixed it.