Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Re: QC35 mic picking up background noise

Dear Mohsin,

I am dismayed by your utter denial of the fact that the Mic actually amplifies the sound. Check the various threads and you will find it mentioned umpteen times.

Why does one buy a bluetooth device with Microphone. Certainly not for recording ambient sound. The product just doesn't serve the purpose and still you guys shamelessly talk about quality.

@Mohsin_S wrote:

Hi mjaugenstern,

Unfortunate to hear about your experience with this so far. To clarify, the microphones are placed outside the ear cup by design. While we have not heard of sounds being super amplified during calls, we do appreciate the feedback and we will bring this up to our development team.

If you are looking to reach out to your local Bose support, the best way would be by clicking here to retrieve contact info. 

Thanks,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

I am experiencing the same problem. Headphones pick up way to much noise. Can't hold calls with anyone close by and my keyboard sounds super loud. Makes the headphones unusable for calls.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

You know i find it funny that Bose even after acknowledge the defect and understanding very well that the product just doesn't serve the purpose for which any customer would have bought it, refuses to recall and replace the device.

this is the first and last time I am buying a Bose product. Shameless company.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

No point gettng a replacement because even the September 2018 version has the same defect.

@ssstonebraker wrote:

I just called Bose Customer support at 800 367 4008 and provided them with my serial #, model name "Bose QuietComfort 35 Series 2",  and home address.

The support rep said they were aware of the issue and offered to send me a new pair (and I would ship mine back via a box they sent). I spoke with my friend that has the exact same model and he does not have this issue.

Since i'm within my return window at Best Buy I am going to exchange this pair and see if that fixes the issue.

FYI here is the info on the pair i have now with the background noise on phone issue:

Model: Bose QuietComfort 35 Series 2

Date of Manufacturing: September 28, 2017

Firmware: 2.5.1

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

I agree. Even the 2018 make still has the same defect. No point raising a issue because Bose doesn't care...

Else they would have recalled and replaced the product, given the Quality Tom tom that they are doing.
@Marek78 wrote:

Thanks ssstonebraker!

I've done the same and a pair of brand new QC35II came to my doors in less than two weeks.  Unfortunately, the problem of picking up a background noise (vocals) during call’s remained. As I wrote before I think it’s a design flaw related to microphone placement and frequency range and as QC35II, in design, are identical to QC35 so no real surprise there.

Anyway, I gave up. I love QC35 for sound quality and comfort too much to quit on them so I’ve ordered Logitech headset with ANC in microphone to use with webex confcalls while Bose will remain a primary listening device :-).

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for contributing to this post. We can confirm that neither software nor hardware changes have been implemented that would address this concern and would like to suggest that anyone who is having issues with their QC35 is encouraged to consult their local support team to assist. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

Hi Tony,

If there are no hard or software changes what is the point in contacting your local store? I bought mine last december, and they are great for music, but crap for phonecalls. I asked before I bought them if this problem was adressed and was assured it was, as I had read so much beforehand. I use 3m Peltor WP XS Alert headphones at work, which are hot and heavy after a long day, but eliminate all background noise, whether standing with an angle grinder or other machinery, you can have a normal conversation and they have no idea of your background environment. Thats achieved with a boom mic, why not add a bluetooth boom mic kit, I know there are wired versions, but goes against the grain abit when the cans are bluetooth. The 3M Peltor are bluetooth and have been for years.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2018

I'm experiencing the same issue on my windows 10 even on ubuntu machines.

I'm from Czech Republic, you don't have our local representation. What I can do next to get rid off that annoying issue? 😞

Highlighted
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@jakubweber wrote:

I'm experiencing the same issue on my windows 10 even on ubuntu machines.

I'm from Czech Republic, you don't have our local representation. What I can do next to get rid off that annoying issue? 😞

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do but sell the headphones and buy something else.  Bose has decided to close the main discussion thread because they don't appear willing to actually do anything about it.

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

Am sending my pair off for replacement. As soon as I get them will sell and buy a pair of Sony's.