Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Re: QC35 mic picking up background noise

Has there been any solution to this problem in the past 2 years, my new Bose QC35 IIs still have this problem on a Windows 10 Machine with Skype where the microphone picks up my typing on a laptop during the call and amplifies it, it is a little annoying. 

Ash

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello all,

Thanks for posting your concerns and following up with us. We have reported this to Development. While we do not have a specific timeline to share, when more information is available we will definitely post it on the Community. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 9, 2017

@Mutnatnote that reviewer has QC35 backwards during phone call recording what may largely impact on voice quality. I’ve made a lot of phone calls on the airports and other noisy environments and, while it is far from what you would expect in this price tag, the quality was a lot better than in this review and there was no problem understanding me.

As wrote previously in this topic: the issue is with the frequency and sensitivity of the microphone coz making a phone call while in the car at highway speed works perfectly and person on the other side don’t hear anything but my voice.

So: frequency is set to human voice and will catch anything in this range. But also sensitivity of the microphone is too high and it amplifies background noise when it is in human voice frequency range.

I’m sure it’s not an easy way to have clear voice recording and separation from background at the same time but this is Bose we are talking about and not some startup with their first product on the market. They should do a lot better!

Highlighted
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@Marek78 wrote:

@Mutnatnote that reviewer has QC35 backwards during phone call recording what may largely impact on voice quality. I’ve made a lot of phone calls on the airports and other noisy environments and, while it is far from what you would expect in this price tag, the quality was a lot better than in this review and there was no problem understanding me.

@Marek78 nice catch! I did not notice that.  Yes that is definitely not a fair comparison, whether deliberate or accidental, to have the mic facing away from his mouth and toward all kinds of background noises.  Yikes.  Thanks for pointing that out!!

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

I would like to know if this is a hardware or software issue with the headphone or if it's a software issue with Skype/other program. 

I also confirmed that I had the headphones on the right way before I made the call and had this issue where it amplified the typing to the point where I couldn't hear the call. 

Luckily I am still under my 30 day trial and am considering returning these and picking up the Sony one if this continues. 

Ash

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2019

Hello

same problem as everybody ...

as most of people here, i m working in open spaces and intended to use my QC35 for phone calls ...which is currently not possible (far too noisy background)

wouldn t it be possible to develop an external mic, pilot like (as an optional accessory) ? ... maybe this type of accessory exist from third party (did not find) , but would have been good to keep bose quality  

thanks for your help

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 15, 2017

Hi.
Yes, there is a solution, I’m using it successfully for a year more or less. Look here: (**MODERATOR EDIT-EXTERNAL LINKS REMOVED**)
Just make sure it’s 2.5 mm jack. But you have to stay wired... it sucks.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for contributing to this post. We can confirm that at this time neither software nor hardware changes have been implemented that would address this concern and would like to suggest that anyone who is having issues with their QC35 is encouraged to consult their local support team to assist. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Again, we wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread but we feel that is has become unfocused and there is some information that users might find unclear. Due to the lack of anything additional we have to offer regarding this issue we feel it's best to close this thread.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support